Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series CPU Cooler

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Here's some pics. Still waiting for the fan clips to arrive (apparently going to have to wait until tomorrow now thanks to the joys of internal mail...)

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

I'll stick some more pics up once I have the fans back on.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Ill look into it. If you click on the picture so you can see the full version not the thumb nail, the picture rolls back the right way.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
OK, so it's now fitted and working like a dream. Bottom fan is still a bit noisey but it's not the end of the world. I'll put some more pictures up once I have the new SP120s ordered, delivered and fitted.

bigben

Master Poster
Looks really good. Bit pricey though :(
You should definitely get some nicer looking RAM though. edit: Just seen you have 32gb RAM.. expensive upgrade just for making it look pretty.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Looks really good. Bit pricey though :(
You should definitely get some nicer looking RAM though. edit: Just seen you have 32gb RAM.. expensive upgrade just for making it look pretty.

Yeah I know. It's on my to-buy list.

2 More SP120s
Modular PSU
Braided cables
RAM
Possibly a new case in the future. But the case upgrade is way way way off.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
nice list you got there. If i was to make a suggestion? I'd look at the Corsair AX psu's, they are fully modular and you can get really nice full sets of braided cables. A bit pricey though.

As for the case, why not get a window panel cut in there? would look bawlin :)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I think that's the one I was looking at. A window panel wouldn't really be feasible for this case - it's got foam padding on the inside of the panel to keep things quite. To remove it would negate the function of the case!

That said, maybe in the future. Just monitoring through AI Suite II - fans on full whack and temps are around 32-34c - so pretty good considering this flat is always really hot.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yea you defo need 4pin fans mate. I'm pretty sure that the motherboard cant regulate the cpu fan speed without 4pin PWM. PWM is called Pulse Width Modulation, this is where fan speed is powered and controlled by very fast short bursts of voltage as opposed to 3pin connections or fan controllers lowering or raising the voltage to lower or increase the fan speed.

Imo I'd go for 4pin PWM fans mate. However, you could try plugging a 3pin fan into the cpu fan header and see what happens? I'd guess your motherboard will run the fan speed at 100% and wont be able to regulate that speed.

lol, it might say they are designed for Cpu coolers, but that's marketing and you can't really trust marketing.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Hmm... shame. I'm just curious as to what the "3-pin plus 4-pin molex)" means!

I think I may get some more SP120s then. I just wish they did them as 140. There don't seem to be many 140 PWMs about.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
3pin is your normal 3pin female fan connection.

the +4pin molex, will be a 3pin to 4pin molex adapter - the term "molex" would generally refer to a psu molex connection. Basically something like the picture below

na-4pin-to-2x3pin-ss-large.jpg