Prolimatech Blue Series Armageddon

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Af140's would work, but i wouldnt advise using them. Much less static pressure than the SP series. I would only suggest using the AF series as Exhaust fans where there is no resistance in front of the fan. SP series (or high static pressure) fans for intakes, heat sinks and radiators.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Yeah that's what I thought. The cooler takes 120 and 140 but I'm not sure if they will physically attach. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Not the end of the world.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Noctua do some very good 140mm pwm fans, if you can stomach the brown. Alternatively, Akasa do vipers in 120mm and 140mm. Worth checking out - 120's, 140's, and this 140mm model too.

That is ofcourse, if you can stomach the yellow, oh and it wont match the blue... oopps

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
As Tom correctly guessed..... IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!

Really disappointed with the delivery packaging. It was virtually unsealed in a bag... literally it just fell open when I got it. The box was also very slightly damaged and scuffed. Don't get me wrong, the product is all in new condition... it's just I've been looking forward to this for quite some time and it kinda tarnished my excitement! Ah well.

Now. I went with the Antec Formula 7 Compound - simply because I've used it before.

Now the problem....... the clip which is supplied to attach the fans only works with 140mm fans...... and I only have 120mm fans.... so it looks like I'm without a computer until I can get the correct clips delivered. Darnit!

I'll put some pics up later.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Ah... and another problem. The 120mm fan clips aren't supplied in black, only in silver. Debating whether or not to just get some blue 140mm fans?

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Well I'm not sure.... I think for finance sake ill just buy some clips and see how they look. I could always wrap some black electrical tape around them or something.