Proteus VI RTX Review

holty2503

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all, Just an update and a little review regarding my Proteus VI RTX, so far I'm loving it the service from PCS was second to none got delivered in 6 days I received it last Thursday, it plays everything I throw at it and Rage 2 looks amazing as does Battle field V, the build quality is superb loving the brushed alloy finish.

So far I've only had one problem with it and that’s the RTX 2070 runs all the time it doesn't seem to use the on-board graphics ever, can't seem to switch it off no matter what settings I choose in the control panel or the Nvidia control panel, it's not a massive deal though.

Any question anyone what’s answering just ask and I'll try my best to answer them.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Thanks for posting a review :) Always good.

Popular questions include:

CPU and GPU temps under load

Performance benches - maybe cinebench single core / multi core results, and Firestrike scores (not just the overall score but the individual ones).

How you find the keyboard, and how you find the system's noise on idle / during gaming.

holty2503

Bronze Level Poster
Loving the keyboard love the way you can change the colours, to be honest its pretty loud when gaming but thats not a problem as I just turn up my speakers or wear my headphones, it does get pretty warm but I'm going to buy a latop cooling pad to stop it burning my legs lol.

Fire Strike score was 16715 and Time Spy was 7139.

Fingers crossed I'll be getting mine this week as I paid for fast track. This will be replacing my Desktop PC which had a watercooled 980Ti and I'm hoping it will perform as well that did. Never had a gaming laptop so not sure what to expect. I will be investing in a cooling pad though

My cooling pad is on order, I think you'll be impressed I 'm loving it.

Nice what cooler did you go with? I've not made my mind up yet, I'm thinking it'll need to be aluminium though.

I got my Oculus Rift S yesterday and am looking forward to being more mobile with this laptop, once I've migrated my data I can recoup some of the cost.

I just pulled the trigger on the ThermalTake Massive 20 RGB. I would have preferred the Massive A21 but no one sells them in the UK :/ They're the only manufacturer who do one with a 200mm fan.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just pulled the trigger on the ThermalTake Massive 20 RGB. I would have preferred the Massive A21 but no one sells them in the UK :/ They're the only manufacturer who do one with a 200mm fan.
Awesome cooler, I’ve got one of the earlier versions. They’re very quiet, or at least my one is.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It looks good, its a shame it takes 2 USB ports to power it though and has no hub. Need to look into what I can do about it.
Mine worked fine with 1 usb, think the second is to power the additional ports on it, the new one may well be different especially if it has rgb.

What about a USB passthrough plug? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-SRGAUSBPW2-Surge-Protected-Charger/dp/B01HGQSITA/ Not suitable for on-the-go necessarily but to power the pad at home. You're probably not gonna plug in 10 external HDDs or whatever on the train anyway, so occupied USB ports while mobile may not be a deal-breaker.

That's not a bad idea! Thanks Oussebon :) I'll wait and see how long the lead is for the cooler first though. It looks like a barrel connector not a USB on the ThermalTake end, so I cant just swap it out for a different lead.

HOLTY2503, did you pay for fast track on your Proteus 6? I'm on day 5 now with fast track and mine is still in pre-production. Although I did pay for fast track later as impatience won out, so its been 2 days standard building speed + 3 days Fast Track.

holty2503

Bronze Level Poster
I never paid for fast track, my build was in pre-production for 5 days then straight into building stage and dispatch in the same day.

Looking good! Can't wait for mine.

DPD have lost my Proteus for the time being, so I'm still waiting... I've got a refund coming on my fast track spend though.

Any idea on what the HDMI and Mini DisplayPort rating is? Is it HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 or what?