PROTEUS VIII with RTX 2070, is it very noisy even with a normale use?

lellone82

HI all,
I am thinking of buying a Proteus VIII with RTX 2070 .... but I would need to know from who owns it if during normal use (internet browsing, watching a movie, etc.) it has a loud noise fan level and if it gets hot

Thanks

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
I have the Proteus VIII with RTX 2070 it gets hot during game play its a little noisy during normal usage, from the fan

lellone82

Hello Kelstu, thanks for your answer.
Normale usage you mean browsing, streaming etc?
Do you think the noise in the normale usage "mode" is accetable? The fan noise goes up and down or is "stable"?
I'am very afraid....

Thx

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
The noise is acceptable and tends to stay the same volume unless you playing a high powered game

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hello Kelstu, thanks for your answer.
Normale usage you mean browsing, streaming etc?
Do you think the noise in the normale usage "mode" is accetable? The fan noise goes up and down or is "stable"?
I'am very afraid....

Thx
There is a tool called control/gaming centre that allows you to choose between different profiles. So when you're not gaming or doing heavy productive work (like music/video encoding, 3D rendering, etc), you should change the profile to quiet/office mode (the name depends on laptop chassis), so it will underclock your CPU and make the fans quieter. Some light games can even be played on quiet/office mode, I play FM20 all the time on this mode and still get high FPS.

Then when you're going to play a heavy game, you change the profile to entertainment and it will bring your CPU back to stock levels and tune the fans up, preparing for the heavy load.