PS5 and XBox Series X

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Xbox Series X - £449.99
Xbox Series S - £249.99

releasing 10th november and pre-order will open on 22nd September,

I wasn't expecting such a low price for the spec's it has,
I was expecting a price of anywhere around £550 to £850,

Just need to see how Playstation will respond to the Xbox prices for the PS5.
I’m absolutely astounded by these prices, phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal. In the states they’re offering a subscription tier to get the console and includes gamepass, for $25 for the S and $35 for the X. I seriously hope that makes its way over here because that would make them even more accessible.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wow...that is an incredible deal given that Game Pass is £10 a month!
Remember, stateside they've priced them a bit differently, so rather than the usual $ - £ conversion, they've actually set it as $299 / $499. But yes, they've effectively thrown in GamePass for free, it's a great deal and means that people have access to a whole library of games as soon as they get the console running.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If they bring that in over here at release, then I'd buy one even though I only recently bought an Xbox. I suspect that it will only be available in the States though....offers like that tend to be restricted to there
Yeah, it would be really great if they did bring it over here, thinking more so for the younger generations who can’t afford to shell out the cash straight off the bat. Would make a lot of sense for MS sales.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh, wow!!!! Here we go, confirmation direct from Microsoft UK, called XBox All Access, £20.99 /pm for Series S and £28.99 /pm for Series X, both include GamePass Ultimate, currently either Smyths Toys or Game doing the listings although not live yet! Zero deposit on either and 24 month contracts.

slimbob

Enthusiast
That really is a great price! I initially thought they would not break the £500 mark but as time ticked on I was not quite as sure.
Amazing value in terms of what you get for your money.
Now we have the spec and price how much would cost to build a PCS gaming P.C to equal it?
Must be over a grand surely.
Very Exciting.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay...so, if my maths is correct, based on GamePass being £10.99 (that's what it currently is for Ultimate), then the console works out cheaper if you do it this route as it is £450 for the console as a one off payment whereas the credit route works out at £432. Of course, my maths could be wrong
My console price came out at 452 after deducting equivalent game pass, but yes, it’s definitely money off.

I’ve heard they will be bundling a free game AND a year of GamePass Ultimate with the console anyway, so either way it’s a good deal.

Further edit: I was pricing the console at 29.99, so yes, your maths is correct!

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
That really is a great price! I initially thought they would not break the £500 mark but as time ticked on I was not quite as sure.
Amazing value in terms of what you get for your money.
Now we have the spec and price how much would cost to build a PCS gaming P.C to equal it?
Must be over a grand surely.
Very Exciting.
A pc with xbox specs would be far more valuable than an xbox though. Because a pc has tons of good games. And xbox has.... Erm....... Hmm..... Hang on... Does it actually play games??

Price is near enough irrelevant in console wars isn't it? People who want one will buy one. It could be £20 and I wouldn't buy one simply because it has none of the games I like on it and would just be a pointless brick. If a PS5 is £600 at launch then I won't buy one. But it still wouldn't make me buy an xbox. It would just make me wait for the PS5 to drop a bit.

Gamepass... Meh. Give microsoft a bit of money every month to play forza, fifa and halo. :sleep:

Laid the bait.......

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A pc with xbox specs would be far more valuable than an xbox though. Because a pc has tons of good games. And xbox has.... Erm....... Hmm..... Hang on... Does it actually play games??

Price is near enough irrelevant in console wars isn't it? People who want one will buy one. It could be £20 and I wouldn't buy one simply because it has none of the games I like on it and would just be a pointless brick. If a PS5 is £600 at launch then I won't buy one. But it still wouldn't make me buy an xbox. It would just make me wait for the PS5 to drop a bit.

Gamepass... Meh. Give microsoft a bit of money every month to play forza, fifa and halo. :sleep:

Laid the bait.......
I'm certainly not an XBox fan either, the only particular titles I like of theirs are Halo, Gears of War and.... urm..... yeah.....

But my nephews are both really locked into the platform (they'll learn one day), so I'm thinking more for them.

Playstation has far better game support, no question in my mind. Naughty Dog is one of the best Studios around full stop.

robin h 25

Playstation 5 - £449.99
Playstation 5 Digital Edition - £359.99

Releasing on 19th November.

playstation 5.png

playstation 5 date.png

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Wow... again, that's a surprise, I think I will most likely be picking up a digital version for that price!

Definitely! I didn’t get to play Demon’s Souls as I had an Xbox 360 that generation, I’m not missing out this time round with the upcoming remake. And I’ll be very interested to see that SSD tech of theirs in action.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Definitely! I didn’t get to play Demon’s Souls as I had an Xbox 360 that generation, I’m not missing out this time round with the upcoming remake. And I’ll be very interested to see that SSD tech of theirs in action.
Absolutely the SSD IO is going to be very interesting on new titles.

I will finally get to play Last of Us 1 & 2 remastered (hopefully), and Uncharted series and the final fantasy 7 remake before I play it on PC.

robin h 25

I'm thinking of getting the digital edition also, as the only games i get for Playstation are the Exclusives, i get the most of my game either Xbox or PC,

It's going to be an expensive holiday season for me,
Xbox Series X,
Playstation 5 DE,
A 4k 144hz HDMI 2.1 Gaming Monitor,

And maybe a 3000 series RTX card, but in no rush for one just yet.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Absolutely the SSD IO is going to be very interesting on new titles.

I will finally get to play Last of Us 1 & 2 remastered (hopefully), and Uncharted series and the final fantasy 7 remake before I play it on PC.

Yes! Other exclusives I’d not factored in!

I’m too afraid to play The Last of Us. As you well know by now, I can’t do scary games. I’d be happy to give Uncharted a go and see how well that series has aged over the years, I’m told 2 and 4 are the best ones.

I was also never lucky enough to play Shadow of the Colossus and the remaster of that game seems like a real experience, I’ll add that to the list.

I’ve got mixed feelings about the FFVII remake because of how much I love the original. Even though it’s definitely flawed and those flaws are only magnified by the passage of time, it’s an old friend and I don’t want to change anything about it.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm thinking of getting the digital edition also, as the only games i get for Playstation are the Exclusives, i get the most of my game either Xbox or PC,

It's going to be an expensive holiday season for me,
Xbox Series X,
Playstation 5 DE,
A 4k 144hz HDMI 2.1 Gaming Monitor,

And maybe a 3000 series RTX card, but in no rush for one just yet.

I’m in the same boat! Tell you what, I feel very lucky that I’m not one of those whose livelihoods have been severely affected by the pandemic, I’ve been working hard throughout it and as a result have a fair bit of expendable income at the moment. Must be devastating for those who can see all this techy goodness on the horizon but are struggling to put food on the table due to global circumstances.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
I'd be very wary of picking up the digital edition with the games prices they've just announced. Games are going to be going up £10+ in price next gen

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'd be very wary of picking up the digital edition with the games prices they've just announced. Games are going to be going up £10+ in price next gen

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

That’s interesting... but not entirely unexpected when business is business. I’m still tempted, most of my gaming will be on PC so it’ll just be the exclusives I’d be picking up. I’m also not a ‘day one’ kinda guy, happy to wait until sales come round to make my move.

I’m also waiting to see if Sony will come up with anything to rival Game Pass, whilst Microsoft don’t seem to have much in the way of exclusives, they’re throwing their eggs in that basket and it seems to be turning heads. I skipped the most recent generation of consoles and don’t feel I missed out too badly, intrigued to see how the new launches play out.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Good price for the digital edition.

Very competitive. I thought Microsoft had set a good marker the other day when they announced the price of the Series S (terrible name). Makes me wonder if someone at Sony was sat with a calculator working out percentage loss when that happened and was seeing what the lowest figure they could get away with would be.