PS5 and XBox Series X

slimbob

Enthusiast
No LG CX TVs in the BF sales sadly :(

I did, however, decide to splurge on the 55" version given it's £200 cheaper! Was going to buy from Currys but Richer Sounds were offering a 6 year guarantee so went with them. Now I just have to work out how best to fit both a 55" TV and a 32" monitor on my desk properly with the minimum of moving the monitor constantly...will be helped by moving one of my stereo speakers to another location (yes, my desk is that big!!)

Richer Sounds have always been great from my own personal experience. My Dad bought his Panasonic T.V and Humax freeview box with the 6 year guarantee 5 years ago. The plan ends 07/2021 and his T.V is still fine with no issues (touchwood) but his Humax has gone wrong twice and we have had two replacement machines sent to us very quickly, for the price the 6 year guarantee is such a wise move especially as it seems hat tech now does not last as long as tech say 10 years ago, in my opinion of course.

Nursemorph Your LG CX tv sounds out of this world I just googled it and 55 inch must seem massive, super subversive! It will be amazing with your X Box One and especially with your future Series X if you get one! Imagine MSFS2020 on it with series X !!! Please report back on your T.V and how you are finding it and also when you get your x box running and series x next year! My Dad may be doing a similar thing as he he really want to play MSFS2020!

Best wishes to you.

Bob.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Something off about this btw.....

Says it's A there and everywhere else I just checked 😂

106Kwh is a 50 delonghi dragons. They've boo-boo'd.

The label is downloadable from there too showing A rating.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I just scanned the QR code on the label (forgot I had a QR scan app!) and found the reason why: The label on the LG website is an old energy rating label and the one I got in the box is a new one.

There is a process in place to replace all energy labels with new European energy labels. Apparently, companies have become so energy efficient that almost all prodcts are labelled in the top categories (B Upwards) so, rather than adding more pluses to the A rating, they have simply rescaled it to now be from A to G. SOme products have dropped several levels in the move hence it showing as A on the website (old rating) and G on the label (new rating)

Ahh, that makes more sense. In conventional terms though, it's an A-rated telly 😂

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just got a stock update email for the Series X...from Amazon.de. Not sure I fancy brushing off my German language skills, although the €500 price isn't bad. I guess I gotta update my preferences to exclude Amazon.de! :ROFLMAO:

leebee2110

Bronze Level Poster
Haven't tried it in 120Hz mode as I am pretty sure the GPU in my PC will run away and hide...will have to wait until I eventually get the new Xbox whenever it is.
@Nursemorph I got the same tv recently. I tried 4k at 60hz (due to the same GPU limitations you're indicating) and then tried 1440p at 120hz. I ended up sticking with the latter. Like I'm not sure if my eyes are deceiving me but the 1440p on this tv looks unbelievable.

Can't wait to get a GPU that will actually push 4k at 120hz. I think I may have a brain aneurysm in sheer excitement!!!

leebee2110

Bronze Level Poster
@Nursemorph amazing isn't it. I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider on it...These deep blacks in the tombs is mind blowing. Can't wait to try SOTTR now. We really need some kick ass GPUs...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Can't afford the PC to run it at 4k unfortunately...would need a whole new PC as my one doesn't have the underlying architecture to cope...and it is less than a year old so can't justify the expense. It's fine though...the Xbox will do fine and the new one when I get round to getting one

Course you can, drop in a PSU and 6800 and you're golden ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Turns out the stuttering seems to be as a result of using PowerDVD...the mouse movement is also not at all smooth...seems it's also when I play video files via GOM player as well. Tried with just the LG rather than running 2 screens but it made no difference. Not entirely sure what's going on but it's a minor thing...I can always watch Blu-Rays with the Xbox anyway.

One thing I found interesting while looking into the stuttering/lagging/mouse weirdness: If I play a Blu-Ray using PowerDVD (not the lowest resource using app ever!) on the LG, it is utilising 25-35% (occasionally jumping higher) of the power of the 2060 Super in my system...pretty sure it never went above 10% on my monitor so the jump to 4k is accounting for a 20% give or take jump in usage on some non-gaming uses...GPU is steady around 1-2% when just having a web browser or something open. Just found that interesting
Check it’s set at the right refresh rate in windows?

robin h 25

Got my email from Scan today and they can't fulfil my PS5 order for launch day,
It may arrive before Christmas or after the New Year 😢😭,

but I kind of expected that I may not get it.

However the Xbox Series X will be turning up on launch day🥳.

I got another email from scan, my PS5 order has been cancelled and refunded😭😭, as it looking like spring before they get anymore in stock.

well, at least it free's up £450 to split and help go toward a 4K 144hz HDMI 2.1 monitor and a RTX 3080 Ti when ever it release's.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I got another email from scan, my PS5 order has been cancelled and refunded😭😭, as it looking like spring before they get anymore in stock.

well, at least it free's up £450 to split and help go toward a 4K 144hz HDMI 2.1 monitor and a RTX 3080 Ti when ever it release's.
That's tough, but at least there's a silver lining there with the monitor funds.

robin h 25

That's tough, but at least there's a silver lining there with the monitor funds.

I think's it for the best, as i only have Spider-Man: Miles Morales and there's no another PS5 games i'm after until later on in 2021 and hopefully the PS5 may have reduced in price by the time I'm waiting on the games for it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think's it for the best, as i only have Spider-Man: Miles Morales and there's no another PS5 games i'm after until later on in 2021 and hopefully the PS5 may have reduced in price by the time I'm waiting on the games for it.
That's a shame but as you say, maybe it frees up the funds for better uses now, then get it later on when the games are more developed for the new system.

robin h 25

Just over a year of pain, trying to get a hold of a Playstation 5, Hopefully I've now got one secured🤞,

When ever i had stock notifications that certain online store's had them in, got there asap, added to basket, go to pay, and payment is declined as they have all gone😤🤬,

I had to order a Playstation 5 bundle from GAME, which comes with Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man: Miles Morales for which i already have, if i have to get another copy of Spider-Man:MM just to get a chance of finally getting a PS5, then so be it.

Hopefully I'm in a batch of orders that state that they'll be shipped out by the 21st January🤞.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just over a year of pain, trying to get a hold of a Playstation 5, Hopefully I've now got one secured🤞,

When ever i had stock notifications that certain online store's had them in, got there asap, added to basket, go to pay, and payment is declined as they have all gone😤🤬,

I had to order a Playstation 5 bundle from GAME, which comes with Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man: Miles Morales for which i already have, if i have to get another copy of Spider-Man:MM just to get a chance of finally getting a PS5, then so be it.

Hopefully I'm in a batch of orders that state that they'll be shipped out by the 21st January🤞.
Wow! In it for the long haul there, weren’t you?

My dad was in the same boat, he finally had his Xbox Series X delivered on Monday, just in time for Christmas. So he’s given himself an extra treat and ordered a load of peripherals to go with Microsoft Flight Simulator. They arrived at his door this morning so he’s probably going to spend Christmas Day repeatedly plunging to a fiery death.