PSU Question

radhumble

Hi all!

I just wanted to start off by thanking everyone for helping me with my build up to this point; I honestly cannot say how appreciative I am!

Unfortunately, I've been informed of a delay with my power supply (RMx 750W) and it has made me consider either going up in wattage from a 750W to an 850W (a PSU that is in stock) but I'm not sure if that makes much sense? I read somewhere that having too much wattage available causes the PSU to perform inefficiently which I'm sure damages the longevity of the component, but I've also read its really no harm.

As well as this, I thinking about downgrading (?) to a RM 750W just for availability's sake, but I've heard its not as good as its RMx counterpart.

But yeah overall, I am happy to wait provided it isn't a big delay (was informed that the components are expected any day now) and am thankful to PCS for their work in these strange and unusual times.

radhumble

Ah thanks, Nursemorph!

I think that was what I read in all honesty, as well as a few scattered comments from disgruntled customers.

I've decided to change out the 750W for the 850W based on your comment; thank you for the speedy reply!