Psychonauts

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I was aware of the game on its release in 2005 and while I was intrigued by the premise of exploring people's minds, I wasn't really into platform games at the time, so I didn't bother playing it. I looked into trying the game a few years back, but I seem to remember the game was really temperamental on Windows 7, so I tried it, but couldn't get anywhere with it. The game's sequel came out last week and is reviewing exceptionally well, so I figured I'd give the original another try so I can justify buying Psychonauts 2. I'm only a couple of hours in, and other than one or two sound glitches, it's looking very promising so far and I can certainly see what the hype around the original was all about. It's a fun game with bright, almost psychedelic, visuals and I'm hoping I finish it around the time that Psychonauts 2 has its first sale!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was aware of the game on its release in 2005 and while I was intrigued by the premise of exploring people's minds, I wasn't really into platform games at the time, so I didn't bother playing it. I looked into trying the game a few years back, but I seem to remember the game was really temperamental on Windows 7, so I tried it, but couldn't get anywhere with it. The game's sequel came out last week and is reviewing exceptionally well, so I figured I'd give the original another try so I can justify buying Psychonauts 2. I'm only a couple of hours in, and other than one or two sound glitches, it's looking very promising so far and I can certainly see what the hype around the original was all about. It's a fun game with bright, almost psychedelic, visuals and I'm hoping I finish it around the time that Psychonauts 2 has its first sale!
Just looking at it now on Steam, the graphics are pretty impressive for 2005.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just looking at it now on Steam, the graphics are pretty impressive for 2005.
Definitely. As I say, the concept of the game I thought was interesting, and those visuals were pretty good for the time, but platformers were just not what I was into at the time. I'm glad that I've taken the time to give it a go now though.

D

Deleted member 41971

I remember playing the original on the ps2 back in the day, got it in a bundle with shadow of the colossus at an electronic store, big fan of the first game, not tried it on PC yet but steam have offers every so often, psychonauts 2 looks really cool but waiting for the price to go down, 54.99 is a bit too much for discosparta who likes a bargain and has many games yet to play, glad the second game has very good reviews so far, shows the quality and uniqueness is still there.

D

Deleted member 41971

youtuber nerdcubed has uploaded videos of psychonaughts 2 if your interested

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Psychonauts was a cracking game. From the mind of Tim Schafer, who played a huge part in bringing us Lucasarts’ most important work. He was involved in the first two Monkey Island games, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle.

I never played the interim VR game, but I won’t hesitate on buying Psychonauts 2 when I’ve trimmed down my gaming backlog.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Psychonauts was a cracking game. From the mind of Tim Schafer, who played a huge part in bringing us Lucasarts’ most important work. He was involved in the first two Monkey Island games, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle.

I never played the interim VR game, but I won’t hesitate on buying Psychonauts 2 when I’ve trimmed down my gaming backlog.
Love, Love, LOVE pretty much all of Tim Schafer's work. I'm pretty much sold on Psychonauts 2, but yeah, going to try and trim down the backlog, at least a little, first.

D

Deleted member 41971

but yeah, going to try and trim down the backlog, at least a little, first.

with the size of your collection

S01E08 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

D

Deleted member 41971

according to the microsoft store psychonauts 2 is on xbox game pass ultimate if anyone wants to try it without spending the price on steam.