Query regarding performance - Octane VI 17.3 inch, i9-processor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear Spydertracks,

Yes, I do have tethering rights on my mobile. Actually I am not using mobile internet to laptop, just to check whether there is any problem with new laptop DNS settings or problem with wifi from old laptop. But the problem is in New laptop DNS settings. This is something I understood till now.

But as you said I will connect to someone's router wifi and will check if the problem persists, this is a good idea to check.

Kind regards
And you’ll need to set a custom dns.

What antivirus are you using?

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
And you’ll need to set a custom dns.

What antivirus are you using?
Dear spydertracks,

I am using Windows defender, actually I uninstalled Bull guard provide by PCS because it had a lot of restrictions for using my Mechanical software and also ''software vendor'' asked me uninstall Bull guard & recommended me to use Windows defender.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Dear spydertracks,

I am living in an apartment where central internet service has been provided in each flats. So, I just plugged the LAN cable from mains to old laptop.
And I cannot connect my new laptop to ethernet because the MAC address of old laptop is already in use by internet administration house and I tried calling them but they are unable to change my MAC address of old laptop to new laptop.
Also, we have a big communication gap in poland. Polish don't speak english, it's very hard to make them understand.

Kind regards

This makes no sense. MAC addresses are burned into the network card and are designed to be globally unique. Unless someone in your block is spoofing their MAC address there can be no address conflict.

Are you sure that the conflict you're seeing is not an IP address conflict? If people in your block are hard coding IP addresses, rather than using dynamic addresses via DHCP, then an IP address conflict is quite likely.

In addition, I would suggest you use 1.1.1.1 as your DNS server address with 1.0.0.1 as the alternative.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
This makes no sense. MAC addresses are burned into the network card and are designed to be globally unique. Unless someone in your block is spoofing their MAC address there can be no address conflict.

Are you sure that the conflict you're seeing is not an IP address conflict? If people in your block are hard coding IP addresses, rather than using dynamic addresses via DHCP, then an IP address conflict is quite likely.

In addition, I would suggest you use 1.1.1.1 as your DNS server address with 1.0.0.1 as the alternative.
Dear Ubuysa, Spydertracks,

I don't think IP address is conflicting, before I installed cleaned windows everything was perfectly fine since I received the laptop delivery last month. But after the installation of new windows this problem has arised. Also I used custom DNS server provided by you 1.1.1.1 and alternative DNS as 1.0.0.1. Also I disabled extensions, cleared totally saved bookmarks, history. but nothing is fixing this problem.
And I took laptop to my friend's house which is completely in different location and I used his wifi, but still the problem remains. The annoying part is the website is crashing frequently with the time span of 10-20 seconds, & it's very annoying to work and rewrite the whole emails before sending.
I am quite sure, the problem is in Laptop's DNS. I don't know how to eliminate that.

Kind regards

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Is it possible to uninstall all the Internet and Network related drivers and re-install them online using ''Device Manager'' ? I think that might fix this glitch issue.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think you are past the point of forum help as what you are describing simply doesn't make any logical sense. The next step for me would be to attempt re-installing Windows again.

If you firmly believe it's the undervolt.... simply remove it and see if that fixes your issue. If it does, lesson learned (and a new one for the books), if it doesn't.... simply re-apply it.

There's only so much assistance we can offer over a forum. You are getting into very technical settings and a better background of understanding would be required for the tech speak to go any further unfortunately.

Here is what I would recommend:

Remove the undervolt and do some testing. If nothing helps, just reapply it.
Download the latest chipset drivers from Intel for the system and install them - check if this fixes the issue
Download the latest Wifi drivers for your card
COMPLETELY uninstall the wifi drivers including removing the actual driver file (when you right click in the device manager to remove, this option is a check box)
Reinstall the Wifi drivers, check if this fixes the issue
Try an Ethernet cable hardwired into the router - Check if this fixes the issue
If no luck.... do a complete clean install of windows. Don't touch a thing, don't install anything, don't change ANY settings or do ANY updates..... see if that fixes it. If you don't have the Wifi drivers installed (possible) then you can install that to test it (be sure to have it on a USB stick as you will lose all data with the clean install.

If by the end of all that, nothing has worked..... it's time to return to PCS as it's either a hardware fault.... or you aren't following the instructions correctly so it needs to be handed over to a technician.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm in full agreement with Scott and without wishing to appear rude, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

A great many of the problems you seem to be having make little sense, and that does worry me that you may be making changes without fully understanding what you're doing.

Undervolting for example, is not something that should ever be attempted unless you have a firm grasp of how your system functions. Networking too is an area that just works if you don't mess with it but is very sensitive to unwise tinkering.

I'm sorry to be so negative but I too think you would be better with a clean reinstal of Windows and the default drivers. If it doesn't work in that state you almost certainly have a hardware problem. If it does work I'd advise leaving it alone. [emoji846]

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
I think you are past the point of forum help as what you are describing simply doesn't make any logical sense. The next step for me would be to attempt re-installing Windows again.

If you firmly believe it's the undervolt.... simply remove it and see if that fixes your issue. If it does, lesson learned (and a new one for the books), if it doesn't.... simply re-apply it.

There's only so much assistance we can offer over a forum. You are getting into very technical settings and a better background of understanding would be required for the tech speak to go any further unfortunately.

Here is what I would recommend:

Remove the undervolt and do some testing. If nothing helps, just reapply it.
Download the latest chipset drivers from Intel for the system and install them - check if this fixes the issue
Download the latest Wifi drivers for your card
COMPLETELY uninstall the wifi drivers including removing the actual driver file (when you right click in the device manager to remove, this option is a check box)
Reinstall the Wifi drivers, check if this fixes the issue
Try an Ethernet cable hardwired into the router - Check if this fixes the issue
If no luck.... do a complete clean install of windows. Don't touch a thing, don't install anything, don't change ANY settings or do ANY updates..... see if that fixes it. If you don't have the Wifi drivers installed (possible) then you can install that to test it (be sure to have it on a USB stick as you will lose all data with the clean install.

If by the end of all that, nothing has worked..... it's time to return to PCS as it's either a hardware fault.... or you aren't following the instructions correctly so it needs to be handed over to a technician.

Dear @Scott @SpyderTracks @ubuysa

So interestingly Undervolting has created a lot of difference. When I started increasing voltages from -0.135 V with an increment of +0.005 V. I have seen a lot of difference on websites. The time span of crashing websites increased to something 1 hour, simultaneously on reaching a value of -0.110 V. The browser is working perfectly fine without any crashing for long 10 hours too. I tested by playing Youtube videos because Youtube was crashing very frequently before. Also I tested with all the websites which were crashing before. I tested since three days. But I don't see any problems now and everything is perfect working fine. So, I neither reinstalled new windows neither changed any settings.

Also, with -0.110 V the CPU temperatures on idle are in-between 39 to 43 C which were the same also on -0.135 V. I am very happy now :). There is no problem or any fault in the processor. So, this is something new which will help you others who might face similar problem.

I wish you all a very good day.

Kind regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear @Scott @SpyderTracks @ubuysa

So interestingly Undervolting has created a lot of difference. When I started increasing voltages from -0.135 V with an increment of +0.005 V. I have seen a lot of difference on websites. The time span of crashing websites increased to something 1 hour, simultaneously on reaching a value of -0.110 V. The browser is working perfectly fine without any crashing for long 10 hours too. I tested by playing Youtube videos because Youtube was crashing very frequently before. Also I tested with all the websites which were crashing before. I tested since three days. But I don't see any problems now and everything is perfect working fine. So, I neither reinstalled new windows neither changed any settings.

Also, with -0.110 V the CPU temperatures on idle are in-between 39 to 43 C which were the same also on -0.135 V. I am very happy now :). There is no problem or any fault in the processor. So, this is something new which will help you others who might face similar problem.

I wish you all a very good day.

Kind regards
Thats just that the undervolt wasn’t stable. Not sure how you were stressing the system to test the undervolt, but that would have shown up when stressing.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Thats just that the undervolt wasn’t stable. Not sure how you were stressing the system to test the undervolt, but that would have shown up when stressing.
Dear Spydertracks,

I have used Cinebenchmark software suggested by PCS after performing undervolt. This is little strange because my heavy mechanical softwares worked efficiently without any problem of crashing on -0.135 V. It was only browsers who didn't work on that voltage. But now CPU is receiving enough voltage to perform efficiently everything I guess. (y)

Kind regards