Question about a cooler from cpu cooler selection

untri25

I would like to know what the PCS Frostflow 200 Series high performance is. Is it an air cooler and since I've seen that some of the coolers that PCS has was supposedly from ID Cooling with a PCS sticker just smacked onto it, would it be that specific cooler from ID or is it an equivalent to said ID cpu cooler

Aza

Rising Star
I believe PCS have them made for them, yes. The air coolers are better than the liquid ones in terms of reliability but im not sure on performance. They arent high end/premium ones though (as you would guess from the price).

Coolers should really be paired against a specific CPU though, and the higher spec the CPU, the higher spec the cooler should be, so the recommendation on whether it may be suitable all comes down to which CPU you want to go with.

untri25

I believe PCS have them made for them, yes. The air coolers are better than the liquid ones in terms of reliability but im not sure on performance. They arent high end/premium ones though (as you would guess from the price).

Coolers should really be paired against a specific CPU though, and the higher spec the CPU, the higher spec the cooler should be, so the recommendation on whether it may be suitable all comes down to which CPU you want to go with.
The cpu i was thinking of pairing it with is a i3 12100f, its also not a build for me its for a friend and im just making sure the cooler is enough for it lol, if youd like the rest of the specs let me know. Im also thinking about the lga1700 bracket whether it comes with the cooler or not, or does PCS get it sorted for me?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I would like to know what the PCS Frostflow 200 Series high performance is. Is it an air cooler and since I've seen that some of the coolers that PCS has was supposedly from ID Cooling with a PCS sticker just smacked onto it, would it be that specific cooler from ID or is it an equivalent to said ID cpu cooler
You'd be correct about the ID Cooling assumption. I don't think it's a perfect match but I believe the FF200 to be a mish mash of the SE-207-BLACK and SE-207-XT. Performance of that cooler is admirable, although you won't need a cooler that size for a 12100F, something like the FF100 would do the job fine- it's not a hot running CPU the 12100.

PCS has the required brackets for all the coolers that put on that configurator so compatibilty won't be an issue if it's listed

untri25

You'd be correct about the ID Cooling assumption. I don't think it's a perfect match but I believe the FF200 to be a mish mash of the SE-207-BLACK and SE-207-XT. Performance of that cooler is admirable, although you won't need a cooler that size for a 12100F, something like the FF100 would do the job fine- it's not a hot running CPU the 12100.

PCS has the required brackets for all the coolers that put on that configurator so compatibilty won't be an issue if it's listed
Thanks so much for the reassurance, Im getting this size of cooler because my friend doesnt really know anything about pcs and im just trying to get him set up if he were to upgrade his cpu, gpu etc. because he said himself that he doesnt want to keep adding everything to it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks so much for the reassurance, Im getting this size of cooler because my friend doesnt really know anything about pcs and im just trying to get him set up if he were to upgrade his cpu, gpu etc. because he said himself that he doesnt want to keep adding everything to it.
It's not really possible to advise on individual components as they all interrelate.

If you post the full specs you're considering, what budget, what monitor (make and model) we can advise.