Question about buying CPU cooler? Any help appreciated

Adam1712

Okay so i have been looking into overcolcking and i have a system ready to order from you i just need to get round to ordering it, on the system i have the TITAN cpu cooler(the first one on the list) because i would like to slightly overclock... I am just wondering... As you install all the compnents do you provide thermal paste? Because on other sections i have founs a tab for thermal paste but on the section i am using it isnt there? thankyou? :)

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Okay so i have been looking into overcolcking and i have a system ready to order from you i just need to get round to ordering it, on the system i have the TITAN cpu cooler(the first one on the list) because i would like to slightly overclock... I am just wondering... As you install all the compnents do you provide thermal paste? Because on other sections i have founs a tab for thermal paste but on the section i am using it isnt there? thankyou? :)

What spec are you ordering? I think under all the overclocking sections the thermal paste can be selected but not on the stock ones?

Adam1712

I am ordering a pc from the stock section... You know... Build your pc... AMD based... Dragon platform... Etc... That is the type i have built and i want a better than stock cpu cooler but i have no option for thermal paste... Whereas on the overclocked system builder you get to choose a thermal paste? I just want to know if the pc i am ordering will have a thermal paste used or whether i have to sort that out myself? Because i dont get the option for it? :)

Gorman

Author Level
Every machine we build has a high quality TIM applied, its just on the OC machines you can choose the really expensive high end stuff if you want. If your not overclocking then you dont need it, if your overclocking at home then we presume you will want to remove the standard stuff and apply your own.

dontsimon

Every machine we build has a high quality TIM applied, its just on the OC machines you can choose the really expensive high end stuff if you want. If your not overclocking then you dont need it, if your overclocking at home then we presume you will want to remove the standard stuff and apply your own.

Hi. On your site there is no option to choose the high quality TIM if you don't choose one of the overclocked systems. Can you make the high quality TIM available for systems which you configure yourself?? I probably would want to OC but wouldn't want to remove the HS if it isn't necessary.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
At present we only offer the advanced thermal paste on our overclocked configurators. If you want to OC, why not get it done by us? It's free. :)

dontsimon

On the PC configuration page I couldn't see an option for OC'ing, nor an option for the higher quality TIM.