Question about ordering PC

masqurin

Hi there,
I decided to build my own desktop on your website and I have a question regarding power supply. Whenever I choose all of the components I want and press proceed I get a message that I have to get 600W power supply instead of 450W. There would not be anything special about that if not a fact that I only receive this message from time to time. I choose exactly same parts each time and I get this message sometimes and sometimes I dont, and thats why Im confused. I seek for an advice if i need a 450W or 600W power supply. I have listed all of the parts below:

Intel Core i5-760 Quad core (2.80GHz, 8MB Cache)
Motherboard: ASUS P7H55-M SI MICRO ATX VALUE MAINBOARD, USB 2.0 & SATA 3Gb
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz ( 2 X 2GB)
1GB ATI RADEON HD 5850 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX 11
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 18MB CACHE (7,200RPM)
24X DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER +R/+RW/RAM
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER

If you need any other details let me know

Thanks in advance
Masqurin

Sweeney47

If you're getting the 5850 I would recommend the 600W, at least you have some room for expansion etc and are easily covered. I looked on the ATI website and for the 5850 they recommended the 850W power supply but that is generally overkill in my opinion, unless you plan on getting two cards down the line and using crossfire.

Im no expert though to be fair so I would also recommend you wait until a PCS employee points you in the right direction :p

LDUK

Master Poster
Hi there,
I decided to build my own desktop on your website and I have a question regarding power supply. Whenever I choose all of the components I want and press proceed I get a message that I have to get 600W power supply instead of 450W. There would not be anything special about that if not a fact that I only receive this message from time to time. I choose exactly same parts each time and I get this message sometimes and sometimes I dont, and thats why Im confused. I seek for an advice if i need a 450W or 600W power supply. I have listed all of the parts below:

Intel Core i5-760 Quad core (2.80GHz, 8MB Cache)
Motherboard: ASUS P7H55-M SI MICRO ATX VALUE MAINBOARD, USB 2.0 & SATA 3Gb
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz ( 2 X 2GB)
1GB ATI RADEON HD 5850 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX 11
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 18MB CACHE (7,200RPM)
24X DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER +R/+RW/RAM
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER

If you need any other details let me know

Thanks in advance
Masqurin

Because of the choice of CPU and GPU you will need a 600w PSU at least. The systems pretty powerful, therefore needs more power. Not sure why it only comes up sometimes, should be all the time.

Meds

morning!

With the specification you are looking to buy, I would agree with the above posts and say the 600W is required. If possible, the Corsair TX650 would be the best option or if you are looking to add a second graphics card in the future, the Corsair TX850.

masqurin

Another quick question

Firstly I would like to thank you all for the quick respond but I also want to ask another question. If I orded PC without the software, do you install drivers to graphic card etc
(or you maybe provide the CDs with all requried drivers)?

Thanks again,
Masqurin

Gorman

Author Level
We provide the driver disks for each component that needs them. The Cd's provided by the graphics card manufacturers etc are often out of date anyway so you should always get the latest version from their website.

masqurin

Yay, I finally ordered this PC with 600W Power Supply. Cant wait to get it:cool:
But with this price of £870 I should get a free monitor, or at least keyboard+mouse hehehe :cool:

Regards,
Masqurin

LDUK

Master Poster
Yay, I finally ordered this PC with 600W Power Supply. Cant wait to get it:cool:
But with this price of £870 I should get a free monitor, or at least keyboard+mouse hehehe :cool:

Regards,
Masqurin
Lol. Trust me, I paid £2122 for my PC and the only thing I'm getting free is delivery lol.

LDUK

Master Poster
yeah £800 is nothing when it comes to pc nowa days most ppl here spend £1k plus easily!!

Steve

This is indeed a fact. But I'm mighty glad I bought it here because I have made some pretty awesome mates. To me, that's worth every penny.

Xavien

Enthusiast
I can beat you all there i paid £3700 for mine lol mind you i did have a nice hannspree 28" tv/monitor with mine. Awesome bit of kit though