Question about PCS graphics card models.

thomor

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

I'm looking to build a new AMD based gaming rig soon and want the new Radeon RX 5700 XT card, however PCS only lists the card model and not the brand. I really don't like the idea of getting a stock cooled 5700 XT with it's single fan and enclosed casing design (seems very poorly thought out), is there any way to get a different design for that card in my build instead?

The Power Color Red Devil variant looks far better and PCS do list Power Color as one of their suppliers, so what gives?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

I'm looking to build a new AMD based gaming rig soon and want the new Radeon RX 5700 XT card, however PCS only lists the card model and not the brand. I really don't like the idea of getting a stock cooled 5700 XT with it's single fan and enclosed casing design (seems very poorly thought out), is there any way to get a different design for that card in my build instead?

The Power Color Red Devil variant looks far better and PCS do list Power Color as one of their suppliers, so what gives?
Totally agree, the Reference AMD cards are not the best cooling solutions and performance is hampered in benchmarks.

I'm not sure which Partner cards they actually stock though, it's usually a couple of manufacturers and maybe a couple of models per manufacturer, but these change depending on stocks. Best thing to do is call them before making the order to find out which they're currently stocking and get one reserved for your build.

Alternatively, you can select that you have your own graphics card and source it yourself and add it yourself. PCS have an open chassis policy so you can amend the build and not affect warranty (so long as you don't do any damage whilst installing it).