Question about storage drives

You're not listening. As I was at pains to explain, not all M.2 drives use the NVMe protocol. When an M.2 drive does use NVMe it says so in the description.
I was simply trying to establish if the caddy that Martinr36 had recommended would work with the drive I had mentioned, since the product description says that it is an NVMe enclosure.

Not everyone is an expert with the technicalities of computers; that's why I posted in this forum.

Thankfully, Martinr36 was able to answer my question - it looks like the caddy that he recommended would be compatible.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was simply trying to establish if the caddy that Martinr36 had recommended would work with the drive I had mentioned, since the product description says that it is an NVMe enclosure.

Not everyone is an expert with the technicalities of computers; that's why I posted in this forum.

Thankfully, Martinr36 was able to answer my question - it looks like the caddy that he recommended would be compatible.
I'm glad you're sorted but I don't know how I could have explained things any clearer. M.2 is a connector, as is SATA, and it's the connector that matters in a caddy/enclosure.

I'm glad you're sorted but I don't know how I could have explained things any clearer. M.2 is a connector, as is SATA, and it's the connector that matters in a caddy/enclosure.
Thanks for explaining. I understand what you mean now about the connectors (didn't before). I was confused because you had said that the storage drives I'd mentioned weren't NVMe, and all the M.2 caddys I could find said they were NVMe.