Question about supplying own case for a PC build

LoG

Hi, I'd like to have a mini PC build from PCSpeciailist however I don't like any of the cases. can I have one sent to you and how would I go about amending a quote to exclude the case cost etc.? Thanks in advance!

Stephen M

Author Level
For desk tops there is an option to send in your own case in the configurator, not sure if that applies to minis as well.
As this is just a PCS users forum you would need to contact PCS. Unfortunately telephone waits are very long at moment and email replies take a few days.

Reactions: LoG

LoG

Thanks Stephen! I contacted them and still waiting for a reply, thought there might be an outlet here to contact the staff but thanks! I'll just keep waiting so 🙃

Stephen M

Author Level
PCS staff look in here from time to time, although with the general world chaos and Brexit going on not so much at the moment.

Reactions: LoG

Rakk

The Awesome
It may well be not an option on the configurator because they know exactly how to fit all the components into the cases they have already, however a different case entirely may take a lot of research and testing to make sure it a) it fits and b) doesn't have heat issues.

Admittedly this is complete guesswork on my part as I've never looked at the sizes of the mini PC cases nor what they look like inside.

But yes definitely worth asking them about it, let us know what the response is (noting the emails are taking about a week to get a response I think)

LoG

It may well be not an option on the configurator because they know exactly how to fit all the components into the cases they have already, however a different case entirely may take a lot of research and testing to make sure it a) it fits and b) doesn't have heat issues.

Admittedly this is complete guesswork on my part as I've never looked at the sizes of the mini PC cases nor what they look like inside.

But yes definitely worth asking them about it, let us know what the response is (noting the emails are taking about a week to get a response I think)
Makes sense! Thanks. I'll update here when I know :)