Question about Temps and Fans

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do you think it could be a problem with the cooler then?
It's unlikely the cooler, unless it's set to silent mode, it should really be in performance mode.

If the temps are high it's likely because of a bad paste job. It's always best to leave the included paste as it's a better application and higher quality.

Adam262

What would you say my plan of action should be then? Or is it okay for me to keep it running these temperatures?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What would you say my plan of action should be then? Or is it okay for me to keep it running these temperatures?
Check what mode it's in first, if you're sure it's not on silent, then double check the cpu clocks in the BIOS, make sure it's not got a minor overclock applied which has been known on some asus boards out of the factory, if you're sure that's ok, then it likely needs a repaste.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And be certain it really is idling, a new PC will be doing loads in the background like setting up the indexing and applying updates etc. This can take a lot of CPU power.

A lot of people don't realise that idling means just in windows so no browsers open etc.

You can only be sure it's idling by running task manager and checking CPU load.

Also if you downloading any games, that takes a lot of CPU power as it's downloading, de-encrypting, extracting and installing all at the same time.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Check what mode it's in first, if you're sure it's not on silent, then double check the cpu clocks in the BIOS, make sure it's not got a minor overclock applied which has been known on some asus boards out of the factory, if you're sure that's ok, then it likely needs a repaste.
I’m running my 5900x in silent, no issues, any mode other than that and you can hear the pump.

Adam262

Unsure what I should be checking on the bios to see if it has a minor overclock