Question on intel vs amd

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
Sorry to crash a thread but I think my question is relevant. I've read many threads with AMD being the preferred option over Intel. Are the any circumstances, any uses where an Intel CPU would be an advantage?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry to crash a thread but I think my question is relevant. I've read many threads with AMD being the preferred option over Intel. Are the any circumstances, any uses where an Intel CPU would be an advantage?
Yes, if you’re competitive gaming at 1080p where you’re not interested in visual fidelity over rediculous FPS count, then intel 10900k makes sense.

Similarly adobe products are heavily intel favoured and if a user was only using creative cloud, then we may recommend an intel setup.

But that’s pretty much it.

Further edit, forgot, sometimes, for audio work, if someones doing live audio and needs very low latency then we may also recommend intel. But this is increasingly not relevant.

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
Thanks. I tend to come onto these forums only around the time I'm looking at new builds myself but I always find them really interesting.