Question on stock problems and wait times

Starkys

Hi , so my order has been pre Produceing for 24 working days now , its missing the CPU , i was told it arrived on the 23rd of december, turns out it didnt.... and it did yesterday , but my order page says it is still waiting for the CPU so i guess again it didnt arrive ..... and im running low on time do to work pileing up .
I looked into it and apperently the Intel supply problems are still gonna be around in Q1 2020 (not saying that this is the reason)
Anyone else dealing with huge wait times ?
Also can any staff member give me a real timeline on intel deliveries ? Becouse as mutch as i dont want to ,soon i will need to look into canceling the order and going back to alienware

thank you

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
PCS staff rarely visit these fora, most of us a just happy PCS customers who like to help. Even us mods don't work for PCS. The only way to find out the delay on your build for sure is to phone PCS and ask.

Out of interest, if the delay is an Intel problem how will going elsewhere help?

Starkys

PCS staff rarely visit these fora, most of us a just happy PCS customers who like to help. Even us mods don't work for PCS. The only way to find out the delay on your build for sure is to phone PCS and ask.

Out of interest, if the delay is an Intel problem how will going elsewhere help?

I dont think that would be usefull as i was told 3 times that it arrived and it never did , i understand PR and that this might not be their fault ,but im running low on time.

To answer your question , dont know if going elsewhere would even help and to be honest i dont want to becouse i heard good things about
PCS but im running low on options and i placed this order on the 3rd of december

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I dont think that would be usefull as i was told 3 times that it arrived and it never did , i understand PR and that this might not be their fault ,but im running low on time.

To answer your question , dont know if going elsewhere would even help and to be honest i dont want to becouse i heard good things about
PCS but im running low on options and i placed this order on the 3rd of december
Well it's your call, but I would be calling them quite regularly for updates. It may not just be a PR whitewash that you're getting, PCS may genuinely not know when they can expect delivery. Also bear in mind there will be builds ahead of your waiting for that CPU so a delivery of a handful may not be enough to build yours.

One valid option is to change your build. If you need any help figuring out what to change it to just ask on here, there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

As I mentioned, if the shortage of this CPU is down to Intel then cancelling and going elsewhere will simply move you to the back of a queue for that CPU with another company.

Edit: I just saw this...

i ordered the rig on this "buy now pay in 12 months" finance so the credit is allready set in stone :/

Nothing is ever set in stone. You'd have to go through the credit checking process again with a different build but that is surely less pain than waiting for a CPU whose delivery date you don't know?

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
I did the credit option but you can make changes if you pay the extra on a card.. debit or credit.

I changed my HDD and graphics card.. it was £12 more so i paid it on my debit card

Starkys

well will see , thing is the rig costs more than 3K allready so not realy want to add to it and dont realy want to downgrade the spec...
that being said you guys brought up good points both of you , will consider it

thx for the answers

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
no problem at all anytime.. i think i would have gone insane if i waited that long.. i am impatient after a week!!

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
What's the pc for? Depending on your answer it might be best to cancel and re-order something else anyway if that's the cpu you've chosen as I can't think of many scenarios you'd want that cpu anyway.

VenatoS

intel® Core™ i9 10 Core Processor i9-10900X (3.7GHz) 19.25MB Cache

That explains it.
Quite ridiculous.
I can tell you one thing for sure, its not PCS fault.
Apparently Intel has had problems supplying to 3rd parties for quite a while and a lot of companies are complaining, same thing happened at my work place and it has been voiced by a few other companies.
I hope you will put a bit of pressure and hopefully speed up the process.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would cancel the order. the platform is next to useless and that CPU alone is worth cancelling.

An AMD equivalent will be much more futureproof and better value and performance.

Starkys

I would cancel the order. the platform is next to useless and that CPU alone is worth cancelling.

An AMD equivalent will be much more futureproof and better value and performance.

ye i will more than likely ask for an alternative CPU after these feedbacks but im defenetly staying with intel as it worked out for me in the past, but do appretiate your input :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ye i will more than likely ask for an alternative CPU after these feedbacks but im defenetly staying with intel as it worked out for me in the past, but do appretiate your input :)
That was when intel were the premium brand, that’s no longer the case, they’re expensive and perform worse than AMD counterparts. Plus they have a handful of major security flaws that intel refuse to address so have to be patched at the OS and BIOS level which doesn’t fully protect them.

it’s a really poor idea to stick with intel.

VenatoS

That was when intel were the premium brand, that’s no longer the case, they’re expensive and perform worse than AMD counterparts. Plus they have a handful of major security flaws that intel refuse to address so have to be patched at the OS and BIOS level which doesn’t fully protect them.

it’s a really poor idea to stick with intel.

Fallen behind AMD under some aspects.
Although they are still strong in the gaming side.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fallen behind AMD under some aspects.
Although they are still strong in the gaming side.
That's only when you factor in hyperthreading, if you do a search you will find most security analysts are recommending that the only way to mitigate the security flaws is to fully disable hyperthreading on Intel CPU's. If you do that, you'll find that all Intel CPU's are really poor:

Just do a search and you will find hundreds of these threads from very reputable independent reviewers.

VenatoS

That's only when you factor in hyperthreading, if you do a search you will find most security analysts are recommending that the only way to mitigate the security flaws is to fully disable hyperthreading on Intel CPU's. If you do that, you'll find that all Intel CPU's are really poor:

Just do a search and you will find hundreds of these threads from very reputable independent reviewers.

If you are someone important then i'd worry with these security issues.
If you are just a normal consumer the chances of you getting hacked are so low you might have a higher chance to win a lottery.

Intel rules the seas.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you are someone important then i'd worry with these security issues.
If you are just a normal consumer the chances of you getting hacked are so low you might have a higher chance to win a lottery.

Intel rules the seas.
That’s a very ignorant viewpoint. The same was thought before wannacry took down swathes of networks around the world. A zero day flaw is a zero day flaw, and it will be exploited, it’s just a question of when.