Question regarding the ordering process

GerSha

Hi,

I'm very interested in buying an all-in-one Desktop PC. I've looked at the website and I've just one question regarding the ordering process. When you use the drop-down menus is it true that the further you move down the menu, the better the components are? . Now I understand that for some of the components, buying more of them means more expensive, but for things like the graphics card, processor etc is it true?

I'd like to keep this PC for 4-5 years so I'm willing to spend a bit of money on it so in terms of future-proofing should I go for the top specs in most of the components or is that overkill. My main uses would be work-based (I'm a school teacher so I'm doing lots of work remotely now and I imagine into the future). I also am very interested in photography so I use photoshop a lot but not in a professional way in terms of high-end stuff. I would also tend to have tons of lots of applications/ chrome tabs etc open most of the time while I'm preparing work. I just want to be able to do this without thinking about whether the computer will slow down/crash .

Thanks

TomBerry

Bright Spark
In general, the further down the list the better :) It depends on what exactly you want for it though, for example your needs won’t require a powerful GPU compared to what people require for gaming. For what you need it for (multiple tabs/apps, Photoshop) Id definitely aim for a good CPU. I’ll let someone else comment on this though as I’m not the smartest as to what would be perfect for you :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In general, the further down the list the better :) It depends on what exactly you want for it though, for example your needs won’t require a powerful GPU compared to what people require for gaming. For what you need it for (multiple tabs/apps, Photoshop) Id definitely aim for a good CPU. I’ll let someone else comment on this though as I’m not the smartest as to what would be perfect for you :)
This isn't strictly true, all the components on a configurator will be compatible components for that chipset, but they all have different use cases.

So, no, i'ts not true that the most expensive is the best as it may not be appropriate for your usage.

So always get advice if you don't know about hardware, post your usage, max budget and screen you're pairing it with (make and model).

TomBerry

Bright Spark
This isn't strictly true, all the components on a configurator will be compatible components for that chipset, but they all have different use cases.

So, no, i'ts not true that the most expensive is the best as it may not be appropriate for your usage.

So always get advice if you don't know about hardware, post your usage, max budget and screen you're pairing it with (make and model).

I think I need to do some learning, I'm always giving wrong information :( 😂