Questions regarding potential mini pc purchase

cjc1984

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys

Long story short, I no longer have need for my core i7 950 that I bought from you guys a few years ago. Still an absolutely cracking computer but my needs are now much less, and I want something a bit smaller so reluctantly decided to sell it on and use the cash to buy a low power mini PC. As you guys were really really good last time, theres only one place I will be going for it :) Just have a few questions though

1) Windows 8: When do you guys anticipate you will be selling PC's with Windows 8 installed? Have read it will be released in August but PC vendors will be getting it sometime in october. Does that apply to you guys?

2) Case: Was looking at the PCS Hush silent case. Will this have front USB3 ports any time soon?

3) Wireless: do you envisage their being an option in the future for low profile wireless PCI cards?

EDIT: Just realised I should have posted this in the mini pc sales advice thread

Last edited:

iPHAILZ

Bronze Level Poster
Can't help you with 2 and 3 but as far as i am aware any purchase of windows 7 after June will entitle you to a free upgrade to 8.

Make sure you get this confirmed though by a PCS employee before taking my word for it though.

Rakk

The Awesome
Can't help you with 2 and 3 but as far as i am aware any purchase of windows 7 after June will entitle you to a free upgrade to 8.
I think its actually you'll get an upgrade to Win8 for £14.99 (or something like that) cos well Microsoft don't do freebie OS's :)