R9 5900X + RTX 3090 build only 20 days in pre-production!

fufixiil

Hey folks.

Am I crazy? Does this mean they have all the components? I can't believe my eyes!
SmartSelect_20210409-124717_Chrome.jpg

Index

Mines gone into building on the 12th day. I kept amending while waiting but it's a 5800x + ROG Strix 3070. Good for us then :)

fufixiil

Mines gone into building on the 12th day. I kept amending while waiting but it's a 5800x + ROG Strix 3070. Good for us then :)
That's crazy. So happy for you man! Where are you based if you don't mind me asking? I've ordered from Dublin.

BlueTurtle01

I was just thinking this. I upgraded from the 3080 to 3090 on Saturday and today on day 12 of pre-prod I am now "In Building"! I am cautiously optimistic.

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
LOL. I just amended my order from a 5800x to a 5900x when I saw that a fellow Irishman who ordered about 10 days before me already has a 5900x/RTX3090 specced order going to the Build Stage. I thought the pre-order queue for the 5900x was longer otherwise I would have ordered the 5900x in the first place. MOAR CORES!!!

Which 3090 did you guys and OP order? The Zotac or the Strix?

Last edited:
I called last week and they informed me they had enough 5950x / 5900x to fulfil orders now, just the GPUs holding us up.

I switched to a 3070 TUF last week and decided to opt for a 3070 strix now. Maybe throwing my money away but I wouldn’t like to join the queue for a 3080, 29 days has been fun enough

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
I've built my own PC's for nearly 15 years and this is my first pre-built since a Dell XPS in 2005. Maybe System Integrators like PCSs' configurators have been allowing customers to amend orders until you hit 'Picking & Building' for years now but it was new to me. Back in my day it was a PITA to amend an order once submitted.

Anyway, its marketing genius if you ask me.

You spec a build in the configurator for say €3000 and click order. A few hours or days later you realise, maybe I should change that part, after all, its only another €100, then something else comes to mind. Sure its only another €200. You have a €3300 build now. After a few days or a week you've acclimated to the new price of €3300. Someone makes a part suggestion that'll add another €300. Sure its only another €300!! You forget that those 'Only another' s are accumulating like compound interest LOL and have already added up to €600 from the €3000 you started off at when you first ordered.

Then you are like me and realise that €3000 order is now a €4,300 order!!! LOL.

PCS have realised that if you give your customers enough rope (amendable configurator and time), your customers will hang themselves! (spend €1,300 more than they originally planned) LOL

fufixiil

Which 3090 did you guys and OP order? The Zotac or the Strix?
Zotac here (y)
I've built my own PC's for nearly 15 years and this is my first pre-built since a Dell XPS in 2005. Maybe System Integrators like PCSs' configurators have been allowing customers to amend orders until you hit 'Picking & Building' for years now but it was new to me. Back in my day it was a PITA to amend an order once submitted.

Anyway, its marketing genius if you ask me.

You spec a build in the configurator for say €3000 and click order. A few hours or days later you realise, maybe I should change that part, after all, its only another €100, then something else comes to mind. Sure its only another €200. You have a €3300 build now. After a few days or a week you've acclimated to the new price of €3300. Someone makes a part suggestion that'll add another €300. Sure its only another €300!! You forget that those 'Only another' s are accumulating like compound interest LOL and have already added up to €600 from the €3000 you started off at when you first ordered.

Then you are like me and realise that €3000 order is now a €4,300 order!!! LOL.

PCS have realised that if you give your customers enough rope (amendable configurator and time), your customers will hang themselves! (spend €1,300 more than they originally planned) LOL

I actually never got the option to change the specs. Would love to hang myself. :ROFLMAO:

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
Zotac here (y)

I actually never got the option to change the specs. Would love to hang myself. :ROFLMAO:
You mean your order went to the build stage before you had the chance to lose the run of yourself like me?

Or did you not see the 'Amend Order' button on your account page? :D