Radeon RX 6700 XT Vs RTX 3070

Dippie108

I am stuck with the dilemma of changing my currently selected GPU being the RTX 3060 Ti to another GPU due to availability. I will my using my PC mainly for gaming at 1440p, potentially streaming as well as possibly using for After Effects and Premiere. I have seen a lot of reviews that have a negative review of AMD cards compared to Nvidia but I wouldn't need to pay anything more for the 6700 XT but I would need to pay an extra £282 for the 3070 (the money isn't the issue for me, its more of the misinformation that has been given to the 3060 Ti group). I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed some knowledge on what might be the best option for myself.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Had this question the other day so did a bit of reading into it. On the face of things, the 6700XT and 3060Ti are both strong gaming performers at 1440p, with the 6700XT potentially edging it. But AMD’s video encoding technology is not as good as Nvidia’s NVENC, so it likely would not be quite as strong when it comes to streaming.

Dippie108

Had this question the other day so did a bit of reading into it. On the face of things, the 6700XT and 3060Ti are both strong gaming performers at 1440p, with the 6700XT potentially edging it. But AMD’s video encoding technology is not as good as Nvidia’s NVENC, so it likely would not be quite as strong when it comes to streaming.
Thank you for your response! Yeah I seen a lot of users of the 5000 series gpu saying how awkward and rough it was and that it was still a persistent issue with the new cards. The last thing I really want is to change cards only to then of shot myself in the foot down the line

Bhuna50

Author Level
Not 100% sure but I assume AMD 6700 doesnt have ray tracing or DLSS - I read it was the 6800 upwards has the ray tracing but I would have a look into it yourself if those are any features you want.

Really depends on what you want from the gfx card.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Thank you for your response! Yeah I seen a lot of users of the 5000 series gpu saying how awkward and rough it was and that it was still a persistent issue with the new cards. The last thing I really want is to change cards only to then of shot myself in the foot down the line
For your uses, I suspect an Nvidia card would be the safe bet as it’ll cover all the bases. So you’ve got the tricky decision of potentially waiting around two months for the 3060Ti to become available or shelling out the extra for the 3070...

If it was me and I had the extra cash needed for the upgrade, I’d probably plump for the 3070. It’ll give you god tier performance at 1440p, have the encoding tech to allow you to stream, and will drive any video editing you do fantastically well.

Dippie108

Not 100% sure but I assume AMD 6700 doesnt have ray tracing or DLSS - I read it was the 6800 upwards has the ray tracing but I would have a look into it yourself if those are any features you want.

Really depends on what you want from the gfx card.
I believe you are correct.

Mainly I would be looking for a well rounded PC but that is leaning towards 1440p gaming. Since I also work freelance (mainly in post audio mind you) which I feel Nvidia could be more beneficial for work station applications for video

Dippie108

For your uses, I suspect an Nvidia card would be the safe bet as it’ll cover all the bases. So you’ve got the tricky decision of potentially waiting around two months for the 3060Ti to become available or shelling out the extra for the 3070...

If it was me and I had the extra cash needed for the upgrade, I’d probably plump for the 3070. It’ll give you god tier performance at 1440p, have the encoding tech to allow you to stream, and will drive any video editing you do fantastically well.
I feel at this point my frustration is getting the better of me that waiting 2 months or tbh probably longer by the sounds of it might not be an option (in saying that though I have a lot of respect for the guys waiting for the 3080).

Thank you guys for your help. I think I will opt for the 3070

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I feel at this point my frustration is getting the better of me that waiting 2 months or tbh probably longer by the sounds of it might not be an option (in saying that though I have a lot of respect for the guys waiting for the 3080).

Thank you guys for your help. I think I will opt for the 3070
I’ve got a 3070 and it’s a cracking card, the price might sting a bit now but you’ll be in for a visual treat when it lands on your doorstep 🙂