Rakk needs a new monitor

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi guys,

So I'm looking for a new monitor, things I am looking for in said monitor:
  • 1440p
  • 144Hz
  • maximum 27" in size (any bigger and well it wont fit on the desk with my other monitor and no I cant get a bigger desk),
  • decent response time
  • decent quality
  • not more than 500 quid, not sure exactly how much I'm willing to spend but definitely not more than that

Note: whilst my current GPU wont be able to get the most of it, I'm planning on upgrading that when the GPU chaos has calmed down so this is being bought is preparation for it (and there's no council tax in Feb or march which helps :)) - probably a 3060, 3060Ti or 3070

Still not sure whether I want curved, not sure how I'd line it and my other monitor up if one is curved, but both curved and non-curved are being considered

So the choices I've seen so far
The G5 : https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors...h-1000r-curved-screen-27-inch-lc27g55tqwuxen/
AOC Q27G2U: https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming-monitors/q27g2u-bk
The curved AOC of the same model: https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming-monitors/cq27g2u-bk
I did also see this but it's a fair wodge pricier - LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XLDLZPF/

Currently the AOC looks to be better than the G5 - looking at a comparison online, though it doesn't have HDR10 - though I must admit I don't know what difference that makes,
Not looked at the LG much but someone linked it to me at some point (and I still had the window open)

I did look in the monitors thread and the AOC was the only one I found for 1440p 144Hz

So yeah if there are any thoughts on those ones or any others please chime in :)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah get a G5, I got one it's fantastic and even if I don't know what HDR10 is the G5 has it and the others don't

You should have guessed that G5 would be the shout with Martin about :ROFLMAO:

I have the 2 of the LG screens and they are fantastic. If you want to spend the money its well worth it :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just to chuck another option into the arena, this monitor is a lovely option for 1440p and is IPS panel so it’ll really make those colours pop 😜

Rakk

The Awesome
And Rakk's wallet was last seen trying to escape out of the house :)
@AgentCooper that does look very nice cos yes I know IPS can be much brighter and nicer (my work laptop is IPS and its a lovely screen) than the other screen types

Don't listen to the penguins lies get a G5

SimplisticDownrightAllensbigearedbat-max-1mb.gif

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
At the end of the day... both cracking monitors. It's hard to beat the G5 on price but the TUF is just that little bit more luxurious. Personally, if I was going to be sat in front of a screen for prolonged periods over the next however many years, I'd go for the best one that my budget would allow.

Rakk

The Awesome
me- the only one routing for the AOC 😂
If it helps I was definitely thinking about the AOC over the G5, but well then the IPS screens got involved and well, um, I can definitely see the colour difference between my work laptop with an IPS screen and my other monitors, sooooooo.

But yeah I will have to mull it over a little before I decide, that extra 150 is an extra 50% which is a hefty amount

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If it helps I was definitely thinking about the AOC over the G5, but well then the IPS screens got involved and well, um, I can definitely see the colour difference between my work laptop with an IPS screen and my other monitors, sooooooo.

But yeah I will have to mull it over a little before I decide, that extra 150 is an extra 50% which is a hefty amount
Yeah the IPS is totally a fair point, hefty wad of cash tho!

Rakk

The Awesome
Well phooey, I think I make my mind up and then this:
Yes I realise I could get it from a couple of places elsewhere but Amazon have an awesome return policy if there's a problem

Attachments

• LongWaitTime.png
    LongWaitTime.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 102

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well phooey, I think I make my mind up and then this:
Yes I realise I could get it from a couple of places elsewhere but Amazon have an awesome return policy if there's a problem
Eek. Which monitor was that...?