Rakk needs a new monitor

Rakk

The Awesome
Eek. Which monitor was that...?
The TUF ....... (dont let my wallet know)

There's actually a few places I've looked at that its not in stock and only one or two where it does claim to be in stock (none of which I'll link because they're competitor websites)

It’s an investment, and I’m sure it’ll be one that pays off. Sorry I made you spend an extra £150 😶
Never appologise for greatness 👀
tenor.gif

Rakk

The Awesome
It turned up at 9:15 this morning, didn't have the chance to do anything with it til lunchtime though (couple of video meetings this morning).
Goodbye my old friend:
1614263370306.png

And yes its all set up now and looks a bit like this:
1614263454710.png

Two 1440p monitors now, though everything on the second screen now looks very small :)
I did even did a mass dust around when moving monitors, there was, um a lot along the back half of the desk :p

Rakk

The Awesome
As a quick note, when I opened the box I thought they'd sent me one with the wrong power cord cos it had a two pin plug in it, however after some digging I found the UK plug, a DP cable, and HDMI cable and the power adapter in the box.

Will have to test it out later properly though, stuck doing work for another hour or so :(

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
i'm in the market for a new monitor. Very much like the look of the ASUS TUF VG27AQ. Have you managed to give it a go yet @Rakk?

Rakk

The Awesome
i'm in the market for a new monitor. Very much like the look of the ASUS TUF VG27AQ. Have you managed to give it a go yet @Rakk?
Well it was all set up by lunchtime yesterday, though hasn't has a good test yet, the main game I play was having login server issues til about 9pm at which point there wasn't many people on.

But its nice and clear and easy to look at at when doing normal stuff like work and looked nice when i briefly played my game - though there were issues running my game at 144Hz - some amount of lag and jerkiness - though whether that's cos of my aging GPU (to be replaced when the GPU chaos dies down or just the game (it can be laggy at the best of times) i dont know)

I have the lg and can say im very impressed by it very happy I dont like curved monitors so went for the lg I know I know I dont like curved or rgb that pesky pingu has such contempt for me :( but the lg gets a vote from me :)