RAM queries

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Would this be true even for my ASUS TUF X670E-PLUS WIFI mobo? I am getting a 7800x3D and the mobo just mentioned in a PC soonish - I am wondering if EXPO is likely to be enabled by default?
If you order the AMD RAM, it only supports EXPO, so of course would be set correctly.

I am planning to update the BIOS as soon as I receive the PC and disabling EXPO. I've been reading on the AMD sub on reddit and it looks like EXPO is causing the high voltage to the SOC Voltage and pulling upwards of 1.5 to 1.7 volts.
But the BIOS update corrects that, there's no issue with any overclocking on the new BIOS.

Its good they're doing something about it. With the RAM i purchased for my new build it doesn't specify if its certified for AMD or not I guess this doesn't matter?

LeeB

Bronze Level Poster
Its good they're doing something about it. With the RAM i purchased for my new build it doesn't specify if its certified for AMD or not I guess this doesn't matter?
I was the same. When I ordered the DDR5 32GB 6000 kit it did not specify if it was AMD or Intel. Guessing it will be AMD one since it's an AM5 board and AMD chip?

The new BIOS being released seems to be limiting the voltage anyway so should be good going forward.

To answer on updating the BIOS, ASUS does have a tool that lets you do it from Windows. Video below showing how it's done.