Ram upgrading

Slyleggs

I have a Vortex St's i7 with an Asus prime b460 plus atx lga1200 motherboard. Pcs d1804624.
I want to upgrade from 16gb ram. What is the max I can in stall and what type mhz. I'm new to upgrading components would like it min 32gb but want more. Would I need to do anything else

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have a Vortex St's i7 with an Asus prime b460 plus atx lga1200 motherboard. Pcs d1804624.
I want to upgrade from 16gb ram. What is the max I can in stall and what type mhz. I'm new to upgrading components would like it min 32gb but want more. Would I need to do anything else
Firstly, why do you want more RAM?

steaky360

An easy way to check could be to see what you can 'upgrade' too via your PCS login on the main website.

Slyleggs

Nothing there. Asus say 128gb bit does that depend on anything else. Also seen it on curry's website but they say 32 max. No one else stocks this pc

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nothing there. Asus say 128gb bit does that depend on anything else. Also seen it on curry's website but they say 32 max. No one else stocks this pc
You'd need to first register the PC with PCS, that will then get you an online account with them where you can order upgrades, it also applies the warranty, without registering, you won't have an active warranty.

It is 32Gb max, 2 x 16Gb on that motherboard.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But ASUS list that motherboard as 128GB max on 4 DIMMs and don't list any reduced amounts for lower CPUs etc? Is it, therefore, a BIOS limit? According to ASUS:

"
Intel® B460 Chipset
4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 2933/2800/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
OptiMem
* 10th Gen Intel® Core™i9/i7 CPUs support 2933/2800/2666/2400/2133 natively, Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists). "

My bad, getting completely confused with an AMD version they do.