Random freezes on Vyper 15" (TongFang GI5CN5E)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As suggested, phone (don't email) PCS and ask for a replacement drive. What you're describing suggests that the one you have is flaky.

Qrzysio

Please have a look what's inside the laptop. There is a metal plate screwed to the plastic. This metal is precisely over the NVMe drives, probably to protect the plastic case against high temperature. Instead of spread the heat, it may condense it!

There is also a very, very little space between the metal plate and NVMe drive. I thought of going with the new NVMe drive that has a small radiator on, but it needs at least 7-8 mm of space, which is impossible with this model.

I will work with the open case and see how things are going. Imagine the NVMe drive does not go lower than 52 degrees! Should it be so hot when idle?

Attachments

• laptop-0b.jpg
    laptop-0b.jpg
    792.3 KB · Views: 164
  • laptop-1b.jpg
    laptop-1b.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 188
  • laptop-2b.jpg
    laptop-2b.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 163

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Please have a look what's inside the laptop. There is a metal plate screwed to the plastic. This metal is precisely over the NVMe drives, probably to protect the plastic case against high temperature. Instead of spread the heat, it may condense it!

There is also a very, very little space between the metal plate and NVMe drive. I thought of going with the new NVMe drive that has a small radiator on, but it needs at least 7-8 mm of space, which is impossible with this model.

I will work with the open case and see how things are going. Imagine the NVMe drive does not go lower than 52 degrees! Should it be so hot when idle?
As said, it’s likely a faulty drive.