Rate my spec please

Keb1980

bought this to play games like world of warcraft ark survival and similar graphics titles.

This is the one I got:

Chassis & Display
Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 10750H (2.6GHz, 5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor
1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Battery
Optimus Series Integrated 46WH Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language
OPTIMUS SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

What do you guys think?

maha

Silver Level Poster
Upgrade your RAM to 2666MHz for a better speed.
Have you considered Ryzen as an alternative to the i7 ? it is faster (= i7 10875h) for the same price.

Keb1980

My build is still in pre production, so I can call them

I went for i7 because I read somewhere for gaming that it had a slight edge over the Ryzen.

As for RAM, is the speed difference going to have that big an impact?

Keb1980

Upgrade your RAM to 2666MHz for a better speed.
Have you considered Ryzen as an alternative to the i7 ? it is faster (= i7 10875h) for the same price.

For future reference, the Ryzen is cheaper because it's a different chassis (saved about £75, which I spent on RAM upgrade). Upgraded the RAM and got two M.2 SSD (1TB each) and only ended up paying £45 after the price difference was applied.

D

Deleted member 17413

If the order is in, to change to a AMD you would have to cancel and resubmit.
I would say its worth it to be honest, you'll get more for your budget too and Intel are way behind atm with a lot of issues.

Keb1980

I ordered bullgyard antivirus with my laptop but they messed up and didn't include the info for registration and because the trial version was already pre installed, I didnt get a notification until 2 or 3 days ago. Which is apparently too late to do anythjng about it.

So, THEY screw up and I pay for it. Avoid this company

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I ordered bullgyard antivirus with my laptop but they messed up and didn't include the info for registration and because the trial version was already pre installed, I didnt get a notification until 2 or 3 days ago. Which is apparently too late to do anythjng about it.

So, THEY screw up and I pay for it. Avoid this company

Not sure why you've posted this message in two separate threads but my reply is the same...

Have you consulted with anyone at PCS on the phone or the live chat feature about this in order to resolve the issue?

With respect, you don't really need the BullGuard anyway. It's known to cause more problems than it solves, trust in Windows Defender (y)

Keb1980

On hold now. Have been for about an hour. I'll update as info becomes available

Didnt' realise Bullguard was that bad, BUT, it's also the principle of the fact that I have paid for it and they screwed up and I'm left with a lesser product than I paid for

Keb1980

Well, you haven't paid for it as Bullguard is a "Free" Trial.

What information did they miss off exactly? Any free trial that comes with a system requires you to register it when you get the system...just like you have to register a free trial of Microsoft Office if it comes bundled with Windows
I paid for the full licence. They preinstalled the trial and didn't include themlicenfe key for the full licence for when the trial runs out

steaky360

Nothing wrong with the build. But if after sales care stops once they have your money avoid this company!
@Keb1980 do you not want to reserve any judgement until you've actually spoken to PCS? Its not reasonable to keep posting about prospective customers avoiding PCS until you've given them the opportunity to resolve the issue (which it doesn't sound like you have yet, I could be wrong).

Would you like to elaborate on what has happened so far? Currently you have noted that your laptop arrived and is fine, you noticed after some time (not sure how long) that only a trial version of bullguard was installed and you had not received any activation key for it.

Have you since spoken to PCS about this and they've refused to help?

I paid for the full licence. They preinstalled the trial and didn't include themlicenfe key for the full licence for when the trial runs out

Seems to me that they should be able to sort this quite easily by giving you a code. If you've already asked for one and they've said no, thats a different matter but you've yet to suggest that is the case.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Nothing wrong with the build. But if after sales care stops once they have your money avoid this company!

Until you've had a conversation with a member of their staff it's unhelpful and inflammatory to make that statement. As previously stated, the customer support is good and they will surely help you resolve the issue.

Keb1980

@Keb1980 do you not want to reserve any judgement until you've actually spoken to PCS? Its not reasonable to keep posting about prospective customers avoiding PCS until you've given them the opportunity to resolve the issue (which it doesn't sound like you have yet, I could be wrong).

Would you like to elaborate on what has happened so far? Currently you have noted that your laptop arrived and is fine, you noticed after some time (not sure how long) that only a trial version of bullguard was installed and you had not received any activation key for it.

Have you since spoken to PCS about this and they've refused to help?

Seems to me that they should be able to sort this quite easily by giving you a code. If you've already asked for one and they've said no, thats a different matter but you've yet to suggest that is the case.
I have contacted them, via email, which is how I know they've decided its too late to do anything.

As for their damaged rep, maybe if I didnt have to spend over an hour on the phone waiting to actually talk to someone about it as the emails have gotten me no where, then tough. Maybe they should have done their job right before it got to this. I've paid enough for it

Keb1980

Well, that makes sense now and fair enough

However, to accuse them of non-existent after care when it sounds like you have yet to contact them about it is wrong....bad after care would be if you contact them and they refuse to do anything about it. Please try actually talking to PCS first before accusing them of sub-standard aftercare.
I have contacted them. And they've done nothing and have said they're going to DO nothing. So, so far, after care is non existent.

steaky360

I have contacted them, via email, which is how I know they've decided its too late to do anything.

As for their damaged rep, maybe if I didnt have to spend over an hour on the phone waiting to actually talk to someone about it as the emails have gotten me no where, then tough. Maybe they should have done their job right before it got to this. I've paid enough for it
Have they responded to your emails?

You're aware (hopefully from the myriad of posts here) that currently PCS are receiving lots of contact and are a bit slower than normal in responding. If you're not aware, well they're very busy. Not an excuse of course, but should hopefully explain why you're on hold (along with probably many other people).

Edit:

I have contacted them. And they've done nothing and have said they're going to DO nothing. So, so far, after care is non existent.

Given they've said they're not going to do anything I'll raise this with an admin for their recommendation. To me, it seems clear that if you've paid for the licence then you should receive it.

Keb1980

Have they responded to your emails?

You're aware (hopefully from the myriad of posts here) that currently PCS are receiving lots of contact and are a bit slower than normal in responding. If you're not aware, well they're very busy. Not an excuse of course, but should hopefully explain why you're on hold (along with probably many other people).

Edit:

Given they've said they're not going to do anything I'll raise this with an admin for their recommendation. To me, it seems clear that if you've paid for the licence then you should receive it.
Thanks for this. The email basically said that because of the time lapsed since the order was completed, they can't do anything.

But, because of their mistake (I.e. info not included with laptop on registration), the earliest I could have known about this issue was 4 days ago, when I raised it.

I get that this is not a positive review on a public forum, but to be honest,how they look is second to my lost money/product

steaky360

I get that this is not a positive review on a public forum, but to be honest,how they look is second to my lost money/product
No one here will tell you that you cannot post a negative review if it is based on your experience.

Its key to note however that no one is permitted to 'bash' the reputation of PCS here or cause aggrivation between other users.

As noted, I've passed this along to them with a link to the forum thread. I would hope someone will be in touch soon.

If you're still on hold, I'd suggest remaining in the queue as you may get through to them faster.

Keb1980

So, had a conversation with customer service that ended with "I'm not able to help and my manager is not picking up his phone"

So, in short, I've paid for a product, they screwed it up and I have no recourse. So, as much as people might disagree with my "avoid this company" statement it stands and will stand with people when they ask my advice or opinion.

And while I understand it's only an antivirus licence, it's something I've paid for and should get