Rattle when typing on the Vortex II?

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
So, I ordered a laptop way, way back in April. A Vortex II, as it happens.

When I received it, I opened it once and booted it up to check everything's there. Then, I put it all back, in original packaging and all. Long story, but basically I didn't need the laptop (and still don't) until end of June, and only bought it as PCS told me it'll sell out.

I opened it again a few days, just to once again check it all out (and to watch an E3 video on there, sneaky sneaky), and there seems to be a real rattle whenever I type on it. I'm talking very audible, and while not horrifically loud, it'll most definitely grate when writing a lot, and it just feels as if there's nothing stable under the keyboard bit. In all my review reading prior to ordering, I never heard anyone talk about this issue. I'm still well within warranty, and all I've done on the laptop is booted Internet Explorer (I didn't even download another browser on it, which is saying something) to watch a video, and I think activate the Firewall because Windows demanded it.

So, it's not as if I'm very attached to it, and I've barely touched it; I've even kept the silica gel and all =P. It's really no tragedy if it goes back. Is that rattling thing a known issue?

Thanks

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
Could someone with a Vortex II possibly confirm or deny they have the issue, or a PCS employee just run through whether I'm entitled to return? Thanks!

Benadiction

Bronze Level Poster
If its bugging you enough for you to think that something is wrong, it most likely is. These forums aren't an official channel of support though my friend. Best bet is to call PCS directly and quiz one of their staff on the matter. This is your best bet as they may even be able to guide you into correcting the issue yourself, or guiding you through the RMA process.