Rattling Fan?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
So I turned my PC on yesterday and theres an almighty rattling noise, which calms down (and becomes non existant) after boot. Im almost certain its coming from the top exhaust fan on my haf-x. I havent tried gaming since then (lack fo time) so not sure if its related to fan speed.

Does it sound like the bearings might have gone on it or something?

Meds

Your PC is still relatively new so wouldn't expect the bearings to have gone yet... but then again I've heard of stranger things. I'd follow Tom_gr7's advice and disconnect the fan and turn the PC on to see if the noise is still there, keep doing it until you find the culprit!

I'd also just check all fans for any stray cables, they do make a racket if/when they get caught up in a fan!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
thanks, well havent had time to disconnect and test yet but I booted up metro 2033 left it running and went out for half hour, came back and no noise at all, it seems to only happen on boot. I got a feeling the speed of the fan stabilises it. I will have to disconnect it at some point when I get a bit of time.

I need time to properly test my SSD too cus Im almost certain thats what i causing my blue screens and has been since the start, just no time to test it with work :(

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
i've never heard of them causing blue screens, after the blue screen does it reboot alright? normal fast speeds etc?

Well its nto because its a vertex 3 that its causign the blue screen, its just a faulty hard drive causing a blue screen. 99% of the time its an F4 stop when attempting to swap, ive disconnected my cavier black getting same errors. Ive run memtest on my kingston memory and no problems there, no artifacts when gaming so pretty much ruled out graphics.

I always know when im about to blue screen as applications still drag around the screen etc but for example i can load a new web page, or click links/ buttons etc. Then i get blue screen, then nothing, I have to turn power off, then reboot.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd call pcs mate, I'm sure they would be able to diagnose the fault. Maybe authorise a rma if needed.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I'd call pcs mate, I'm sure they would be able to diagnose the fault. Maybe authorise a rma if needed.

Cant afford rma tbh, i really need to have my pc around everyday as I do all my work on it. Hopefully when I get time and its deffinately the SSD then they might be able to send em a replcement and ill copy everything over then send the old one back.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Cant afford rma tbh, i really need to have my pc around everyday as I do all my work on it. Hopefully when I get time and its deffinately the SSD then they might be able to send em a replcement and ill copy everything over then send the old one back.

I get what ya mean mate, esp if you need ya pc for work.

The problem may arise as pcs stock those drives anymore, well I know they don't have any vertex 2's left. Hopefully got some vertex 3's left though, hope ya get it sorted soon mate. I'd ensure ya got back up of ya important work, i wouldnt wanna lose important work.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I get what ya mean mate, esp if you need ya pc for work.

The problem may arise as pcs stock those drives anymore, well I know they don't have any vertex 2's left. Hopefully got some vertex 3's left though, hope ya get it sorted soon mate. I'd ensure ya got back up of ya important work, i wouldnt wanna lose important work.

Yeah all my important work is backed up on two servers one in europe and one in us lol.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yeah all my important work is backed up on two servers one in europe and one in us lol.

lol who do you work for? Or is it better not to shine a light on something that's better left in the dark?

I was think of a external HDD or something haha

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol who do you work for? Or is it better not to shine a light on something that's better left in the dark?

I was think of a external HDD or something haha

Well the work i do on my PC is for myself, my own freelance work basically and my own projects.

I also have another full 9 - 5 job though