Rattling Noise from AIO Cooler

Greig

Hi.

I just got my PC from here on the 21st Dec and there is something bothering me. I have the Coolermaster Masterliquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler. The radiator is mounted to the top of the case and the pump beneath it.

Sometimes during normal use and most of the time while gaming, a rattling noise will come from somewhere in the AIO cooler. It is especially noticeable on startup and shutdown.

I have noticed that putting the PC on its side as opposed to having it vertically stand up fixes the issue, this is not a long term option.

I have no idea how to fix this issue and have been told by customer support this may be a teething issue and to give it a few days before calling back if the issue still persists.

What do you guys reckon could be the cause of this? Will it cause long term problems? I have attached a picture of the PC inside.

Thanks for any help :)

UPDATE: PC has been sent back to PCS for investigation and repair.

26036605_823485777824485_189733325_o.jpg

Last edited:

jerpers

Master
My AIO's made a small noise on start up and shut down for the first week or so as the water was being pushed round the system. It settled down and now is inaudible. There are cases of noisy and faulty pumps in some coolers so if it persists, I would contact PCS. It will not cause any long term issues if it is only noisy at those times.

Greig

My AIO's made a small noise on start up and shut down for the first week or so as the water was being pushed round the system. It settled down and now is inaudible. There are cases of noisy and faulty pumps in some coolers so if it persists, I would contact PCS. It will not cause any long term issues if it is only noisy at those times.

Alright, thanks. I will give it some time and see if it goes away. I would be more understanding if it just made the noise on start-up/shutdown but its while im gaming and browsing the web also.

Greig

have now determined that the noise is coming from the right fan mounted to the radiator only, when increasing fan speed past 40% the right fan rattles. However, the left fan can go to 100% with no rattling, do I have a faulty fan?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
have now determined that the noise is coming from the right fan mounted to the radiator only, when increasing fan speed past 40% the right fan rattles. However, the left fan can go to 100% with no rattling, do I have a faulty fan?

Check for any obstructions to the blades at all, rule that out, it’s possible it has faulty bearings in which case will need swapping out.