Real Users' Benchmarks - Rank of PCS Laptops

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
My system is currently in building its a Recoil 17 with RTX 3070, i am more then happy to bench it on Stock setup before placing in my 4x 8GB Sticks and M.2 drives (It will be a Single Channel 4GB ram in Stock config).

Unless you want me to do the Bench run on Dual Channel.

Macco26

Expert
@KriSta
Expected. Sucks PCS is still selling those with 2933 Mhz, but hey, anyone who asks them they say that's the max supported.

@EDIT: @WilRog as I read, the Stock means NO OVERCLOCK, no really a base config you won't use ever. But for sake of science, it might be interestng to provide both results to see how much the SINGLE/DUAL RAM config affects benchmarks. But both will end in Stock chart, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

FerrariVie

Super Star
@KriSta
Expected. Sucks PCS is still selling those with 2933 Mhz, but hey, anyone who asks them they say that's the max supported.
(which is false)
That happened to me... they said that the max supported was 2666, but I bought 3200 and it does indeed work. However, I do understand why they say that: It's not simply plug-and-play (at least with my RAM and chassis), there was a process to get it to boot the first time with dual-channel at 3200Mhz. But after that, it is rock solid.

@EDIT: @WilRog as I read, the Stock means NO OVERCLOCK, no really a base config you won't use ever. But for sake of science, it might be interestng to provide both results to see how much the SINGLE/DUAL RAM config affects benchmarks. But both will end in Stock chart, I guess.
Yeah, that's exactly what I would suggest as well... For his own understanding, it's always great to have a way to measure and compare old and upgraded, to even see if the upgrade was worth it. Then we could either add both on the rank or update it in the future, it's a decision of the user (y)

Last edited:

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
Sure will do SC and DC benchruns on 3Dmark no problems. Do you want the same on GPU OC (Locked CPU so can't OC that unless I mess with TAU).

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

FerrariVie

Super Star
Sure will do SC and DC benchruns on 3Dmark no problems. Do you want the same on GPU OC (Locked CPU so can't OC that unless I mess with TAU).

Up to you, really. That's why we have 2 ranks, one for stock (no CPU/GPU OC) and the other for whatever OC you would like to apply (just let us know what settings you've used)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@KriSta
(which is false)

2933MHz is the max that PCS support for whatever reasons that may be.

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
My new recoil...

11900K was my original choice but they couldn't get it stable.

No overclock yet
The GPU temperature looks really sweet.
I have 3DMark latest downloaded and ready for when mine hits my door (Fugitively speaking)

Just got the Awaiting dispatch notice!

Macco26

Expert
2933MHz is the max that PCS support for whatever reasons that may be.
Someone with a Valeon and 3200 Mhz CL 20 gave me some support (by the means of screenshot from his PCS laptop) to clear the air at this:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Someone with a Valeon and 3200 Mhz CL 20 gave me some support (by the means of screenshot from his PCS laptop) to clear the air at this:

No one is arguing that, I’ve said it in other threads that laptops support up to 3200mhz without too much issue, what’s being made clear is that 2933mhz is what PCS choose to support. That’s their choice entirely and I’m sure they have their reasons.

If anyone has an issue with that just buy with minimum RAM and fit your own.

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
Quick question, I understand stock with mode set to performance in CCC, is the fans needing to be set to AUTO or MAX aka TURBO mode.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Quick question, I understand stock with mode set to performance in CCC, is the fans needing to be set to AUTO or MAX aka TURBO mode.

Ideally on AUTO, but if you use MAX, just let me know and I'll add a note on the rank, as MAX fans do impact on performance and people need to know that for fair comparisons.

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
Right laptop just arrived and i have ran the first benchmark on Stock config

Recoil 17.3" as in signature (Right now my account is not showing the order proper as this might be updating still)

Auto Fans, Performance Mode Enabled in CCC running on Windows 10 Home (testing version from PCS)

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/61223922 (4GB Single Channel which might explain the low score)

FerrariVie

Super Star
Right laptop just arrived and i have ran the first benchmark on Stock config

Recoil 17.3" as in signature (Right now my account is not showing the order proper as this might be updating still)

Auto Fans, Performance Mode Enabled in CCC running on Windows 10 Home (testing version from PCS)

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/61223922 (4GB Single Channel which might explain the low score)
There are 2 things you need to do in order to have proper scores:
  1. Update windows fully - Let all the possible updates be installed, then check updates again and again until you've run out of available updates. It will correct bugs and also prevent that windows could be installing something in the background;
  2. Update your graphics drivers from Nvidia's website - Your current ones don't seem to be approved by 3DMark and you could get better results with the updated drivers.
After doing those, please run the test again and post new results (y)

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
Ok will get this done before putting in the ram sticks and testing again then i will repost the scores. Drivers Direct from Nvidia should be fine??

Do you want me to DDU first before new driver install as well?

FerrariVie

Super Star
Ok will get this done before putting in the ram sticks and testing again then i will repost the scores. Drivers Direct from Nvidia should be fine??

Do you want me to DDU first before new driver install as well?
I would only use DDU in case you have any issues. Otherwise, just a custom install of the Nvidia drivers (yes, directly from their site) with the "clean installation" option marked should be good enough.

Last edited: