Real Users' Benchmarks - Rank of PCS Laptops

FerrariVie

Super Star
Ok so how do i get that one

Found it

You results are really impressive for your specs, both in Fire Strike and Time Spy! Are you doing any overclocking at all?

1609861323286.png

FerrariVie

Super Star
Finally giving the max fans a go and creating a profile only for benchmarking (would not stand that much noise all the time , omg it's so loud :ROFLMAO: ) . It's not what I would use it on a daily basis, but at least it's now close to the max performance of my Nova.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Cudos on the table format @FeVieira. Now that there are a couple of results in it's easy to see the comparisons. Hopefully the results will keep comiing in, I think overall it will be very handy. Even just comparing older tech vs newer tech has an interesting benefit.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Cudos on the table format @FeVieira. Now that there are a couple of results in it's easy to see the comparisons. Hopefully the results will keep comiing in, I think overall it will be very handy. Even just comparing older tech vs newer tech has an interesting benefit.
No worries! :giggle:

I'm also anxious to see that, especially the comparison with the new RTX 3000 mobile, when they start being available on the next few months. But for the comparison to be fair, we would need a bit more results from the current-gen, like Max-Q variants, 2070 with Intel i7 and Ryzen 5, 7 or 9 on the Nova. I would also like to see results from the Recoil 17's.

Bhuna50

Author Level
@FeVieira - is it worth asterisking / highlighting that some results are 'Desktop replacement laptops' - just to show any desktop chips (so highlight the actual desktop chip rather than the whole line) that are used in this comparison, so people can see actual laptop v DTR laptop as well in case it helps as a factor in any decision?

I appreciate that you can probably tell from the name of the chip / card, but some of us arent up to speed with all naming :D

FerrariVie

Super Star
2021 Bone stock 16627 - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56471483?
2021 Thrown Together OC 17351 - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56473454?
So not too bad when compared to 2016 results, just shy off ;)

Do you think it's better to replace the 2016 results or leave both of them there in the ranks?

@FeVieira - is it worth asterisking / highlighting that some results are 'Desktop replacement laptops' - just to show any desktop chips (so highlight the actual desktop chip rather than the whole line) that are used in this comparison, so people can see actual laptop v DTR laptop as well in case it helps as a factor in any decision?

I appreciate that you can probably tell from the name of the chip / card, but some of us arent up to speed with all naming :D
Ok, will do that. Yeah, I assumed that it was easy enough to guess by the CPU or chassis name (just Nova and Recoil were DTRs in 2020), but might not be as easy to everyone (y)

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
So not too bad when compared to 2016 results, just shy off ;)

Do you think it's better to replace the 2016 results or leave both of them there in the ranks?

Ok, will do that. Yeah, I assumed that it was easy enough to guess by the CPU or chassis name (just Nova and Recoil were DTRs in 2020), but might not be as easy to everyone (y)

They aren't too far off. But I'm almost positive that I've bypassed the Intel security patch in order to do that. I definitely did it, I just can't remember if I reinstated it.

I would leave them all in though. More data is always better than less data.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Updating my stock values, as I've run Fire Strike with the normal fan profile this time (instead of my daily quietish custom curve), so it ended up dropping 3° and gaining 150 points :)

Stock
Chassis and SpecFirestrike
3DMark
GraphicsPhysicsAvg. GPU
Temps
URL
Nova 15" / R3 3100 / RTX 207016208206711302862°Link

Last edited:

Hun

Haven't really done any OC/UV yet as I've been experimenting with RAM. I received my Nova less than a month ago, but as per @FeVieira request, I'll post my results for everyone.

Stock

Chassis and Spec
Firestrike
3DMark
Graphics
Physics
Avg. GPU
Temps
URL
Nova 15" / R9 3900 / RTX 207018413202952412358 °CLink

Couln't get the same font colour for whatever reason.

Hope that's enough.

Last edited:

FerrariVie

Super Star
Haven't really done any OC/UV yet as I've been experimenting with RAM. I received my Nova less than a month ago, but as per @FeVieira request, I'll post my results for everyone.

Stock

Chassis and Spec
Firestrike
3DMark
Graphics
Physics
Avg. GPU
Temps
URL
Nova 15" / R9 3900 / RTX 207018413202952412358 °CLink

Couln't get the same font colour for whatever reason.

Hope that's enough.
Thanks a lot for sharing your results! Feel free to update your results latter, in case you do any tweak within the stock settings or in case you decide to start fiddling with OC/UV. ;)

FerrariVie

Super Star
Updating my best results so far (OC), as I've been playing around with memory tunning now:

3DMark
GraphicsPhysicsAvg. GPU
Temps
URL
* Nova 15" / R3 3100 @ 4.3 / RTX 207017162210501460561°Link
* Nova 15" / R3 3100 @ 4.2 / RTX 2070 @ 1.62016712205531430256°Link

Last edited:

maxff9

Bronze Level Poster
Finally my stock results. Where/who can I get some advices to improve the parameter of the fans and lower the temperature of my laptop without sacrifying performance ? Should I create a new topic ?
I have so many questions !

3DMark
GraphicsPhysicsAvg. GPU
Temps
URL
* Nova 15" / R5 3600 / RTX 2070 Mobile18185204361922269°Link

Last edited: