Real Users' Benchmarks - Rank of PCS Laptops

lousmaczylo

Bronze Level Poster
I cannot even install this software on my brand new defiance 15" I'm having all sorts of issues! Beginning to hate this laptop.

Style evo

OK, so now have my Elimina 17" back after the RMA. They confirmed the issue was thermal paste application, redid it and now temps are under control. Still gets hot - into the 80's but now stays out of the 90s even on performance preset!

Here is my revised score, a bit better than last time and very similar to sandbags original benchmark.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/58548702?

Macco26

Expert
Wow very fast RMA, for once! You UK based, I suspect. Hope they learnt their lesson at laptop thermal paste application! We still in queue would be glad if they did! :)

FerrariVie

Super Star
Thanks guys, I've updated all the provided scores on the main post and also updated my stock results, with a lucky run from today:

Last edited:

Style evo

Wow very fast RMA, for once! You UK based, I suspect. Hope they learnt their lesson at laptop thermal paste application! We still in queue would be glad if they did! :)
Yes UK based. I had it delivered back today 4 days after they had received it on Monday, so very good service I think. The tech I spoke to did say they would give it a top priority.The RMA report said they had stress tested it overnight so it sounds like they checked it thoroughly!

barlew

Godlike
This is really starting to interest me. I am surprised that the 3060 is not sat at the top.
I just ran this on a RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, i7-10875H and got 19,472.

*edit* - I just realised that the laptops topping out the 3060's are all DTR's (apart from mine). I would still have hoped they scored better than they are.

Last edited:

leebee2110

Bronze Level Poster
This is really starting to interest me. I am surprised that the 3060 is not sat at the top.
I just ran this on a RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, i7-10875H and got 19,472.

*edit* - I just realised that the laptops topping out the 3060's are all DTR's (apart from mine). I would still have hoped they scored better than they are.
DTRs are the future

Bhuna50

Author Level
I'm enjoying the fact that even though my laptop is going down the list quite a bit now, I still have the highest laptop (non-DTR) score for the CPU Physics :D

FerrariVie

Super Star
I'm enjoying the fact that even though my laptop is going down the list quite a bit now, I still have the highest laptop (non-DTR) score for the CPU Physics :D
You're the only 2060 in the rank, so it's not fair to compare its total score against the others with 2070 and 3060. I would expect your laptop to be among the top scorers for the 2060s though. (y)

FerrariVie

Super Star

Just beat my first top result, the only change i did was to undervolt the cpu, 0.100V,
Since it was just undervolting, that is still considered stock as you didn't mess with the clocks (I believe). So I've now updated your previous run to reflect these new better results.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Here you have mine for my Ionico RTX 3070 and 64 GB memory
I think those are quite good and it is what I expected
Those are indeed impressive results, almost on par with a RTX 2080 Super. Rank has now been updated. Thanks for sharing!

Could you please just confirm if your Ionico is a 15" or 17" one? The specs are basically the same, but might be important for people to know for thermal performance comparison reasons (as it is sometimes better on a 17").

Scanian

Bronze Level Poster
Still hanging in there it seems.

Stock
Chassis and SpecFirestrike
3DMark
GraphicsPhysicsAvg. GPU
Temps
URL
Defiance V 17" / i7-8750H / RTX 2080 Max-Q16674213191387462°Link

WTF? I get an invalid score no matter what I do, it seems. I don't know who or what fiddled with any settings to begin with, but even if I Restore to default, I seem to get this error.

Last edited:

Macco26

Expert
Here you have mine for my Ionico RTX 3070 and 64 GB memory
I think those are quite good and it is what I expected
Did you do this with the Nvidia Optimus disabled via CC or still channeled thru the iGPU? Would be interesting to know the difference, if applicable, given this laptop should have a MUX switch.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Still hanging in there it seems.

Stock
Chassis and SpecFirestrike
3DMark
GraphicsPhysicsAvg. GPU
Temps
URL
Defiance V 17" / i7-8750H / RTX 2080 Max-Q16674213191387462°Link

WTF? I get an invalid score no matter what I do, it seems. I don't know who or what fiddled with any settings to begin with, but even if I Restore to default, I seem to get this error.
It's probably due to a change that you might have made on nvidia settings, like fixing Anisotropic filter or some other. I would try reinstalling the drivers using custom -> Clean install