Real Users' Benchmarks - Rank of PCS Laptops

barlew

Godlike
In this RTX 30 incarnation probably by pushing the GPU to up to 140W there is less space for the CPU to stretch its legs . I could overextend the undervolt but.. I know 10th gen aren't as flexible as the past. A MSI GP75 10750H I got for few weeks locked with BSOD right after .75...
Probably 10875H is binned better, I could try to push a lil further, but won't think anything I do which requires so much CPU power.
The better juice to the GPU, the better.
Yeh apart from the fact the CPU score is based solely on the physics benchmarks which takes place when the GPU is running at minimal capacity so it doesn't affect the power draw on the CPU.

You've got a good score but I still reckon your CPU is running slower than it should be.

*EDIT* having said that the new 3000 series cards could use more power at idle than the 2000 series cards?

kshnnnn

I seem to have this message show up in my 3DMark for Firestrike. Know what the issue could be? I thought it might be that I didn't have the latest 3DMark, but it says I have, though every time I click "check for updates", it gets stuck continuously looking for updates.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• 1615583049634.png
    1615583049634.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 177

FerrariVie

Super Star
I seem to have this message show up in my 3DMark for Firestrike. Know what the issue could be? I thought it might be that I didn't have the latest 3DMark, but it says I have, though every time I click "check for updates", it gets stuck continuously looking for updates.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Have you tried reinstalling it? Do you also have the most up-to-date Nvidia drivers?

kshnnnn

Have you tried reinstalling it? Do you also have the most up-to-date Nvidia drivers?
Reinstalling it seems to have fixed this issue; however, when I run the test, it's saying "an error has occured" and "workload produced no results"? Know what this could be?

kshnnnn

What is your settings / values of PL on CC or any other?
I didn't change any of that. PL1 = 60W, PL2 = 60W, PL4 = 165W, Target Temperature = 87°C, and I didn't turn Dynamic Boost on. And if it means anything, I did this test on a flat surface with no cooling pad. All I did was turn on Turbo and did the test.

As far as gaming laptops go, I still managed to get better results than 88% of test results, which is pretty good. However, I'm wondering, is there any way I can improve my score? Maybe something I could configure, or perhaps investing in a cooling pad, etc?

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
I didn't change any of that. PL1 = 60W, PL2 = 60W, PL4 = 165W, Target Temperature = 87°C, and I didn't turn Dynamic Boost on. And if it means anything, I did this test on a flat surface with no cooling pad. All I did was turn on Turbo and did the test.

As far as gaming laptops go, I still managed to get better results than 88% of test results, which is pretty good. However, I'm wondering, is there any way I can improve my score? Maybe something I could configure, or perhaps investing in a cooling pad, etc?
Thanks very much! I am not able to give any advice but beside the score, your spec is very well. Yet @Romain337 's is the highest score so far, if we have to speak for any Ionico series. Maybe you should check his guide. 😊

kshnnnn

Thanks very much! I am not able to give any advice but beside the score, your spec is very well. Yet @Romain337 's is the highest score so far, if we have to speak for any Ionico series. Maybe you should check his guide. 😊
I'll give everything a read tomorrow. I should mention that I haven't yet installed Control Centre 3.x yet. Need to get in touch with PCS. Will do on Monday.

Macco26

Expert

Undervolting gave to me a much higher CPU score than you. And my test was at -.75mV while I'm using -.80mV as we speak. It's a fairly easy job with Throttlestop. No consequences.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Undervolting gave to me a much higher CPU score than you. And my test was at -.75mV while I'm using -.80mV as we speak. It's a fairly easy job with Throttlestop. No consequences.

Would it be possible to have a look at what “Stock” settings rate at out of interest. No under/over volting. Would be interested to see comparison and effect of the tweaks on your machine.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macco26

Expert
Would it be possible to have a look at what “Stock” settings rate at out of interest. No under/over volting. Would be interested to see comparison and effect of the tweaks on your machine.

Thanks.

The guy who posted results as last did not undervolt the same machine as mine

Bhuna50

Author Level
Aye but would be good to get a couple of benchmarks from same spec but different machines to confirm results and that there isn’t any possible underlying issues.

This way then when someone gets it new and runs their benchmark they can see if they are getting expected results.

FerrariVie

Super Star

Thanks for posting your results, rank has now been updated. Some tips that might help you without needing to fiddle with any software settings: do it first thing in the morning while your laptop is cold, close unused software that might be using resources in the background and try to put the laptop on a stand or just raise the back of it (with books or something) that would help it to cool off easily. Temperature is key for performance in laptops.

You case you get better results, just post it back here and I'll update the rank again.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Great! I will be getting my Ionico 17 RTX 3070 on next tuesday and I am looking forward to see the result. But in my humble opinion, this is not a race. Just a score to me. I mean some people wants Volvo, some people wants Lamborgini. Some people needs more durabiliy thus makes more lifespan but gets lower score... Some people needs much more speed rather than durability thus makes lesser laptop's lifespan. Sometimes both, lol. Who knows. Hope We all will get both highest score laptops for many years. Cheers to that!

PetRad

Chassis & Display
Defiance Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 240Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10870H (2.2GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 Max-Q - 16.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
2nd M.
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)

Last edited by a moderator:

FerrariVie

Super Star
Chassis & Display
Defiance Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 240Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10870H (2.2GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 Max-Q - 16.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
2nd M.
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)

Sorry, but we're only tracking FireStrike benchmark here, while you ran TimeSpy. Both are 3DMark benchmarks, but you need to go into 3DMark -> "Benchmarks" button-> Scroll down until you find Fire Strike, running that one instead.

Macco26

Expert

Dang, I've improved my results again. :p
- Undervolted -.80mV CPU cores+cache
- Turbo PL all the way up. I don't remember if the last time I had left the TGP of RTX 3070 at stock 115W. Maybe. Today it's 125W + Dynamic Boost for sure
- Coolingpad + CC Max Fans as usual

If only PCS could cure the BIOS locking out the MUX I'd be in love with this machine. Lucky who got it in time for not have the February BIOS update delivered..

PS: I've just published a video review of this machine. Check out the forum section for reviews.

cmoto

I got the ionico 17 with rtx 3060, can some one tell me the best setting for the three profiles? I will use office for battery only, gaming for work and small rendering stuff. performance should perform best but not to hot loud 😂🙌. I would be really thankfull guys