Real Users' Benchmarks - Rank of PCS Laptops

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hi there,

I have 3D Mark app but Firestrike is can only be run if you buy an upgrade? The PCMark 10 ran fine in stock mode, giving 4329 as a score.

Also what does the button next to the power button near the hinge actually do & how to control it?

Cheers in advance,

Rob
The free version of 3DMark does give you access to the basic Timespy and Firestrike benchmarks, you don't need to upgrade it if you don't want to.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hi mate, here's my stock results for a new 17 inch recoil machine, with an i7-11700k and a 3080.

Sorry @Chimp , I have not yet updated the rank with your results because I've now reached the character limit on the original post.

@SpyderTracks @Scott , is there something we could do about it? Maybe if there was a way to add 2 extra posts to split instructions, stock rank and OC rank? I didn't know there was a character limit for a single post 😞

Macco26

Expert
While at that you can take away some duplicates, like mine with Nvidia Optimus, leaving only the best for dGPU only operation. So to accomodate space for Chimp.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Sorry @Chimp , I have not yet updated the rank with your results because I've now reached the character limit on the original post.

@SpyderTracks @Scott , is there something we could do about it? Maybe if there was a way to add 2 extra posts to split instructions, stock rank and OC rank? I didn't know there was a character limit for a single post 😞

Nothing that I know of unfortunately. The easiest thing to do is split it into your post below the first. I had the same issue with my Building Guide thread, I deliberately allocated the first couple of posts as I knew there would be spill.

Another option would be to move the results to their own thread, and keeping this one for the chat?

FerrariVie

Super Star
Nothing that I know of unfortunately. The easiest thing to do is split it into your post below the first. I had the same issue with my Building Guide thread, I deliberately allocated the first couple of posts as I knew there would be spill.

Another option would be to move the results to their own thread, and keeping this one for the chat?
Thanks, I'll then use the second post for the ranks and see how long it will take until I reach the limit again :ROFLMAO: . We can think about another solution when that happens.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Who needs a new machine anyway. :D

Thanks for sharing ☺️, it's always good to see how things have improved in just a few years.

Would you mind sharing more info about your laptop, like how PCS used to call it (Defiance, recoil, etc.) and if it's a 15 or 17" laptop? Thanks!

Greenman

Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing ☺️, it's always good to see how things have improved in just a few years.

Would you mind sharing more info about your laptop, like how PCS used to call it (Defiance, recoil, etc.) and if it's a 15 or 17" laptop? Thanks!

Sure. It was called the Defiance II. Defiance Series: 15.6". Dispatched - 25-01-2016

It also seems I benchmarked my TongFang laptop as well before I returned it for the last time.

That was just called a Recoil 17.3" RTX 2070. Might have had a number like the Defiance but I can't remember.

Looka

Enthusiast
I could see from your new results that you tweaked the GPU memory and GPU clocks a bit, so if you share with us what's the maximum clock that you set up, then I can add your new results to the Tuned Rank. (y)
I Just add +120 MHz core Speed and +60 Memory from Msi afterburner slide without a dedicated curve

NBrooke

Hi Guys, received my order and decided to add another one for the mix.

This is the 15" recoil with 5900HX mobile and 3080 Laptop. Really impressed with the results, PCS have knocked it out of the park with this one.

I've got a stock result and an OC result for the list. OC'ing with +175MHz core and +800MHz memory managed to net myself around an extra 900 points. This was done with the default control center software.

I've used normal bench-marking profiles for both results - max power limits, d-GPU, max fan and 20° ambient room temp.

The OC Time Spy result, for those interested: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/19898674

Chassis and SpecFirestrike
3DMark
GraphicsPhysicsAvg. GPU
Temps
URLUser
Recoil V 15.6" / 5900HX / RTX 3080 +175Mhz27481320952613166°Link@NBrooke

Chassis and SpecFirestrike
3DMark
GraphicsPhysicsAvg. GPU
Temps
URLUser
Recoil V 15.6" / 5900HX / RTX 308026572305432624866°Link@NBrooke

Last edited:

Macco26

Expert

Since everybody is putting OC results, let's put something for the Intel 10875H+RTX3070 variant of the Ionico.

Settings (all by the Control Center minus underVolt by Throttlestop):

cTGP = 140W (no DB), CPU PL = max, -120mV undervolt, 2933Mhz DRAM, Max fans + cooling pad
OC by CC: +100 Mhz GPU Core, +200 Mhz GPU VRAM

PS: I know this thread is not sorting results for Timespy, but should you be interested, here is the LINK (10884, 11175 Graphics) for same config.

Last edited:

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Just ran at test on my new stock Valeon 17.3" laptop as below , using dGPU only , not MShybrid .
Fairly good scores from it :)

Macco26

Expert
That CPU is a beast, but you can push your GPU a bit more with the CC, you should use the latest and greatest April revision from PCS.
1619593686162.png

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
That CPU is a beast, but you can push your GPU a bit more with the CC, you should use the latest and greatest April revision from PCS.
View attachment 25570
It can probably be mitigated also by using faster memory . I opted for 2666 Mhz DIMMs as they were in stock at time of order . I know that the Zen3 works best with 3200 Mhz DIMMs so that is on the to-do list to get .

Macco26

Expert
I assume you can't turn off the MEM OVERCLOCK page in the BIOS via the Control Center, in the Profile section, last command after GPU and fan inertia, right? I assume you can't as the memory controller for AMD is inside the CPU and not something you can fiddle in the motherboard with..

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Correct , I seem to have no means of changing the memory speed in the Control Center or in the actual BIOS . What I see is what I get , no means of tuning it separate from CPU .