Real Users' Benchmarks - Rank of PCS Laptops

Azryon

Hello,

Valeon Series: 17.3" using Turbo mode and dGPU

I feel a bit dissapointed by these results considering the other ones on the board.
Is it the build or can the results fluctuate that much between different machines ?

Macco26

Expert
@Azryon there are a lot of values you can customize for those benchmarks. CC allows you to push your GPU to 150W fixed (disable the Dynamic Boost and push to 150W the cTGP), put Max Fans on, raise the laptop possibly with an Active Cooling Pad. Raise the PPT of your Cezanne CPU.

Azryon

@Azryon there are a lot of values you can customize for those benchmarks. CC allows you to push your GPU to 150W fixed (disable the Dynamic Boost and push to 150W the cTGP), put Max Fans on, raise the laptop possibly with an Active Cooling Pad. Raise the PPT of your Cezanne CPU.
@Macco26 I tried to apply your tips and what i`ve found on other threads, the only thing missing is an Active Cooling Pad which is gonna be here in 2-3 days.
I`ve made some changes in Control Center and Fan Boost ON.
And i got this result: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/25648120
A bit better, but i still find the result a bit dissapointing, i don`t know why but i expected a bit better than that, maybe it`s normal and my results are fine, any opinions ?
Chassis & Display
Valeon Series: 17.3" Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2560x1440)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen™ 9 Eight Core Processor 5900HX (3.3GHz, 4.6GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2933MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 - 16.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Last edited:

Macco26

Expert
25k is not bad at all. My 3070 with same settings can't pass 22.8k no matter what (Intel variant).
I don't have 3080 to compare with, what 3DMark says about that?
Consider many people around the world cheat, that means they set Nvidia Control Panel to prefer Performance vs Quality in the NV cpl. Quality is bad, but what it counts is the number at the end, right?
I didn't cheat like that, and you as well I guess.

Azryon

25k is not bad at all. My 3070 with same settings can't pass 22.8k no matter what (Intel variant).
I don't have 3080 to compare with, what 3DMark says about that?
Consider many people around the world cheat, that means they set Nvidia Control Panel to prefer Performance vs Quality in the NV cpl. Quality is bad, but what it counts is the number at the end, right?
I didn't cheat like that, and you as well I guess.
Thank you for your help and opinion, it really eased my mind, i started to become a bit paranoid and started thinking that maybe is something wrong with my build, having small knowledge about how this benchmark works and is used, based just on the numbers it seemed concearning the 2k difference in the results and then seeing that someone with a 3700 got the same result as me made it even worse o_O

Vergaro98

Super Star
Recoil V 15" / R9 5900HX / RTX 3070 (dGPU only, 140W no dynamic boost)

Standard:
Turbo mode SPL 60W, sPPT 65W, fPPT 95W
Max fans
No change in GPU parameters.
Firestrike: 23086

Overclock:
Turbo mode SPL 60W, sPPT 65W, fPPT 95W
Max fans
GPU core clock offset +145MHz, Memory clock offset +500MHz.
Firestrike: 23929

In one test I reached over 24K but I was not connected on internet, in the next days i'll update this post.

Last edited:

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
I`ve gotten quite close to 25K with a very minor OC on my RTX3070 , I`ve kept the CPU stock due to temp reasons . In the Valeon the Ryzen 9 gets very hot indeed , even with a cooling pad.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello,
So, there is my result with firestrike
and timespy

The laptop is a Recoil, with 32gb Ram, a 3080 and an i7-11700k

I may have miss something or set a parameter wrong, but i think it's pretty decent, isn't it ?

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hello,
So, there is my result with firestrike
and timespy

The laptop is a Recoil, with 32gb Ram, a 3080 and an i7-11700k

I may have miss something or set a parameter wrong, but i think it's pretty decent, isn't it ?
Only thing that seems a bit off is just the GPU temperature, so maybe the laptop is not getting enough air through the bottom? Like putting it on a stand or cooling pad might help with that. My comments are based on the other Recoil benchmarks with the same specs, but not sure if the others did something to tweak the fans or not.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Only thing that seems a bit off is just the GPU temperature, so maybe the laptop is not getting enough air through the bottom? Like putting it on a stand or cooling pad might help with that. My comments are based on the other Recoil benchmarks with the same specs, but not sure if the others did something to tweak the fans or not.
In fact, just before the test (and i did 2 flop tests) i didn't see that i only had 1 psu connected.
So, the fans were not really "active"

I'll try to run an other test tomorrow, when the laptop will be cool

(but compared to my 90/100°C laptop, it was pretty cool XD)

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Overclocking the GPU will void your warranty and laptops aren’t designed with regards to cooling to handle it, I’d strongly recommend removing it.
I`m using an active cooling pad with 5x fans and in a very rised up position. No risk of overheating as I`m acutely aware of the temps . CPU was set at SPL 45W as per design and sPPT 55w boost , also within AMD`s specs . I don`t normally run the laptop in an overclocked state . This was just to see if 25K+ could be reached and now I have . No further need to stress GPU .

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I`m using an active cooling pad with 5x fans and in a very rised up position. No risk of overheating as I`m acutely aware of the temps . CPU was set at SPL 45W as per design and sPPT 55w boost , also within AMD`s specs . I don`t normally run the laptop in an overclocked state . This was just to see if 25K+ could be reached and now I have . No further need to stress GPU .
It’s more for other people to retain warranty.

Seagull

Score on a 15" Recoil, AMD Ryzen 5900HX, RTX 3070, dGPU only, using a cooling pad:

Same deal but I forgot to switch to dGPU and can't remember if the pad was switched on or not: