Really Cheap Games

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I found this website a couple of days ago after talking with a couple of friends and it's got some awesome deals: https://www.g2play.net/store/home.php I picked up Battlefield 3 for £22 and Saints Row 3 for £15, the prices seem to fluctuate though. After paying for a game you'll get an e-mail (about 10mins later) with either a zipped image of the product key or a zipped notepad file with the key. You then type the code into Steam/Origin and download from there.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Well Steam and Origin seemed ok with them when I activated my games, I don't think they're illegal or anything.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
They ain't illegal, its the same as Direct2Play. Games in Russia are dirt cheap because you can only sell games at a price people are willing to pay.

Is it better to sell 10 games at £50 for £500 revenue, or 100 games at £10 for £1000 revenue?

There is no law stating this is prohibited, however Steam does technically state that region locks are there for a purpose and not to be bypassed.

I currently have MW3 and Skyrim, both Russian copies, I need a VPN to activate them and that's it. Unfortunately Bethesda in their last patch has made it so I have to use the VPN to start Skyrim, but once the games started, I can turn it off.
MW3 on the other hand just works without having to use a VPN to start it.

jormcg

Speaking of cheap games:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

A pay-what-you-want package of small independent games. They aren't years of fun like big releases but it's rather like playing slightly older more basic PC games at times. For a $4 average gift (about £3) definitely worth it.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Steam does technically state that region locks are there for a purpose and not to be bypassed.

I currently have MW3 and Skyrim, both Russian copies, I need a VPN to activate them and that's it. Unfortunately Bethesda in their last patch has made it so I have to use the VPN to start Skyrim, but once the games started, I can turn it off.
MW3 on the other hand just works without having to use a VPN to start it.
Some of the games on the site are for other countries but a lot of them are for Europe. In Battlefield 3's case, the Russian copy is currently £15.40 and the EU version is currently £22.24 so they're not just selling other region versions of games for cheaper prices than usual.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
They seem pretty legit, there facebook page has lots of 'likes' as well which is usually a good sign. Might have to check them out later, Saints Row 3 for under £20 is a bargain.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Lets play a new game called:

"You know its 2011 when"

You know its 2011 when Facebook 'likes' are deemed a reliable indicator of trust

:D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
you know its 2011 when DeadEyedDuk says

'lets play a new game called:

"you know its 2011 when"'

Gishank

Bright Spark
The company/website in question is illegal given that they are an unauthorised reseller of the keys/games, you are not neccessarily breaking a law by purchasing from there. However you don't know where those keys came from, not really, thus you have no garauntee wether or not the key was legitimately obtained and as such should the key come in to question you aren't just jepardising the game, but your entire account and digital collection of games. IN ADDITION, using a VPN to manipulate Steam or Origin is against their ToS', and as such doing so does mean that Steam or Origin can disable your account.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
The company/website in question is illegal given that they are an unauthorised reseller of the keys/games
Why do you think this?

IN ADDITION, using a VPN to manipulate Steam or Origin is against their ToS', and as such doing so does mean that Steam or Origin can disable your account.
There's absolutely no need to use a VPN for any of the EU games.

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
I mentioned this site a while back after I bought Witcher 2 from them, registered on Steam - updates & receives all patches etc which come out just fine.

I think it's the only Steam title I have which wasn't purchased through Steam other than Humble Bundles, but the website sells countless titles each & every day with great feedback. The CD-Keys they send aren't even written on the back of sweet wrappers.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
it most likely is illegal, don't get me wrong when i say, also because it's russian it's illegal as there is a bit of truth to what I say

I used to use a website with the extension .ru

you could download whole albums for £1.00 i was young at the time, i noticed they changed currency and website, it was dodgy.

they are making money from things which they don't own, profiting from other's work.

EDIT: just checked the site I mentioned for the first time in about 6 years, changed currency,changed website, note if this game website changes address, note how neither site have ''is this legal'' in their FAQs or about

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Steam doesn't have "Is this legal" in there help section. Not to say that the site your referring to isn't illegal, however in Russia everything is cheaper because digital products are only worth as much as people are willing to pay, which as it turns out in Russia, not alot. A good example is both the Russian copies of Skyrim and the MW3 I purchased for approx £18 each, I know for a fact there legal copies because using stolen license keys on Steam doesn't work out in the long run (Search for the stupid amount of Dirt 3 steam keys that got released on the internet.)

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Steam doesn't have "Is this legal" in there help section. Not to say that the site your referring to isn't illegal, however in Russia everything is cheaper because digital products are only worth as much as people are willing to pay, which as it turns out in Russia, not alot. A good example is both the Russian copies of Skyrim and the MW3 I purchased for approx £18 each, I know for a fact there legal copies because using stolen license keys on Steam doesn't work out in the long run (Search for the stupid amount of Dirt 3 steam keys that got released on the internet.)

Then Russia here I come, however I shall always be a skeptic

Kalisnoir

Super Star
however I shall always be a skeptic

Rightly so, I wouldn't just buy a game from any Russian site, but then I wouldn't buy a game from any non Russian site either, as long as you can get evidence the site is legit then it's good to go, the site I got mine from (Direct2Play) they have a Facebook page with aload of members as well as several members from this Forum having purchased from there :)