Realtek balance issue

Argy

Hi,
Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a fix.
After working perfectly since delivery, the audio output jack now outputs a reduced right channel volume.
Tried uninstalling the driver but it just reappears when I plugin headphones.
Checked my ears by swapping headphones round, issue persists. Connected speakers and get the same issue.
Connected headphones via Bluetooth and problem disappears, reconnect headphones in the audio jack and the problem reappears.
As this PC is primarily used for audio production this is a big issue.
It seems other people have had similar issues:

I've also tried swearing at it. That didn't help.

Elimina Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10870H (2.2GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryElimina Series Detachable Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,
Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a fix.
After working perfectly since delivery, the audio output jack now outputs a reduced right channel volume.
Tried uninstalling the driver but it just reappears when I plugin headphones.
Checked my ears by swapping headphones round, issue persists. Connected speakers and get the same issue.
Connected headphones via Bluetooth and problem disappears, reconnect headphones in the audio jack and the problem reappears.
As this PC is primarily used for audio production this is a big issue.
It seems other people have had similar issues:

I've also tried swearing at it. That didn't help.

Elimina Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10870H (2.2GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryElimina Series Detachable Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
If it's for audio production then surely you're using a soundcard? Are you not using the headphone jack on that?

We could try fully uninstalling the audio driver with DDU, that will fully clear it:

Then we can try reinstalling the driver?

Argy

I have an audio interface but a lot of the time i'm using it on the go, hence the need for a working headphone port.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have an audio interface but a lot of the time i'm using it on the go, hence the need for a working headphone port.
Even if working on the go, it would never be recommended to use the onboard sound, kind of defeats the object, a mobile soundcard is always recommended, like a dragonfly or something, they're not expensive. I'm amazed you can work with the on board sound, or even that it's powerful enough for any studio headphones.

But that's beside the point anyway, appreciate that isn't addressing the core issue. I edited my above post after you reposted, worth trying DDU which should fully uninstall the audio driver.

Argy

Your comments are fair, on board won't push studio headphones, hobbyist with a passion rather than hardcore audiophile.

Argy

Tried it, set it to just remove the audio driver(s) which it did, windows update installed the latest driver. Issue persists.
I'll swear at it some more and then buy a more portable interface.
Really appreciate your help. Cheers.

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I'm sure you've already looked at these possible fixes, but try typing in "Realtek Audio Console" then click "Speakers" under Playback Devices, then check to see if the L + R balance is in the middle.

If it looks normal and you have another dedicated soundcard/software e.g. Sound Blaster, open it and check the setup page and see if the sound calibrations are looking normal there too.

Attachments

• Realtek.png
    Realtek.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 148