Received Today

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Shame it wasn't an easy fix like a cable not being plugged in properly or something, but glad its all sorted. It certainly helps when people come on willing to engage in the process, unfortunately not everyone is like that though. I have lost count of how often people rant and rave about poor support yet refuse to engage with us on the forums or even the call centre in some instances. I have said it loads of times, but I only bother to post here because PCS offer great support.

Hopefully you get your card tomorrow and can start enjoying your new rig, let us know how you get on and any more problem just shout.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I phoned support this morning at 09:00 and got strait through :yes: and explained the problem and our diagnosis, mentioning mantadog / this thread and the guy said "you have covered everything we would have asked you to do, You should receive a new GPU tomorrow" end of call at 09:05

I had an RMA email at 09:09 and Item despatched email at 10:23, Now that's what I call customer service.
Obviously it certainly helped in coming on to the forum and going through fault diagnosis with mantadog and I highly recommend trying this first.

That's good news. Please don't forget to give mantadog some rep, it sounds like he has really helped you (click the star at the bottom left of one of his posts). :)

pepper1729

Guys I got home to find my new GPU and fitted it and "It`s alive" :D

I will set it up properly & start testing games etc over the next few days once my new monitor arrives. I tried to upload a couple of pics but they wont load, comes up with 500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPHrase=2 text="Error #2038"]

Anyway a HUGE thank you goes to mantadog for his invaluable help in diagnosing the fault and a well deserved Rep added:)

Paul

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
These forums hate images. They were broken for ages and only just started working again a few weeks ago, don't worry about it...

Glad you got it sorted. Anything else decides to break off, blow up or just disappear then we will be here - unless its USB ports, too many issues with them recently, I will just pretend I cant see your thread...

knigh7

Bronze Level Poster
Hello,

So the question is:

Why was the GPU damaged or not working when PCS has a stringent testing and quality control? I mean GPUs don't just get damaged because the machine is moved?

Did PCS actually confirm that they have put your order was tested and went through quality control?

Rakk

The Awesome
Did PCS actually confirm that they have put your order was tested and went through quality control?
Every machine will go through the same testing and quality control

Why was the GPU damaged or not working when PCS has a stringent testing and quality control? I mean GPUs don't just get damaged because the machine is moved?
Unfortunately PC components can get damaged when travelling, maybe the delivery driver hit some huge potholes, maybe care was not taken loading/unloading the box, anything could have happened.
And if not that then PC components (as with any electrical component) can just fail at any point - before testing, just after testing, some days after testing, some months down the line, some years down the line. If they pass testing quality control it does not mean they will not fail.

knigh7

Bronze Level Poster
Rakk you make a great point and this is what i was thinking initially, my concern is that recently there is this issue with the GPU and there is another post about paste not being applied to the GPU. Which make me think (and I hope I am wrong) that the testing/quality control might be minimal due to the pressure PCS is under.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Rakk you make a great point and this is what i was thinking initially, my concern is that recently there is this issue with the GPU and there is another post about paste not being applied to the GPU. Which make me think (and I hope I am wrong) that the testing/quality control might be minimal due to the pressure PCS is under.

That is speculation withoug knowing the number of orders they are working on and how many systems are fully working once received. I am pretty confident the quality control is of a high standatd. It is not in their interest so send faulty items since they have to collect them and use more labour on those.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
keynes, you make a very good and valid point

I can confirm the thermal paste incident was an isolated instance and will not be re-occurring. It was also in a separate section to the standard production department. Sadly as all components are man made they will fail at some point from day one, all the way to the end of time, that is why a warranty exists in the first place.