Recieved vortex 3 VERY BAD SOUND QUALITY :/

jacobpov

hey guys just received the vortex 3. the screen is amazing everything works and its super quite no noise!! but the sound quality is just terrible. No bass at all I tried to connect my headphones and still couldn't get a decent sound also updated realtek driver + sound manager . Whats up? is there anyway to fix this ? I had a 5 years old acer 1000 times better sound with headphones connected.

jacobpov

still nothing compared to my old laptop the sound on this laptop is completely effed :/ I produce music and this is not good at all.

Finn

Enthusiast
Make sure you install the THX software, there should be a THX icon in the system tray if you have done so, then on that make sure you have smart volume selected.

Rudlin

still nothing compared to my old laptop the sound on this laptop is completely effed :/ I produce music and this is not good at all.

Hi,

I've playing audio with 'surround' in THX disabled and 'speaker' on 100%, helped a bit its no so awful anymore but still no bass at all.

jacobpov

why does this laptop even come with a sub woofer when the bass sounds are disabled / cannot be heard? I still don't get it

hey guys just received the vortex 3. the screen is amazing everything works and its super quite no noise!! but the sound quality is just terrible. No bass at all I tried to connect my headphones and still couldn't get a decent sound also updated realtek driver + sound manager . Whats up? is there anyway to fix this ? I had a 5 years old acer 1000 times better sound with headphones connected.

Join the club - followed all the same instructions as mentioned and all I can get is some very faint response from the sub, to the point where it is not worth having.
Pity though as the speakers themselves are very crisp. Things do improve when using headphones but not to the point that there is real bass sound

[specs are similar - Vortex 3 with 7970m)

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
- for correcting headphones: the easiest way is to buy a decent usb sound card (I bought Asus Xonar U3 for my vertex II - the difference is huge)
- as for the sub in the laptops real speakers... I've checked notebookreview forums and it seems that some people have had issues with low level of sub, or weak sub but it has not really been confirmed. It's rather small and a weak speaker anyway (a real sub is much bigger than the laptop itself).

If people are using the 17-inch model I suggest trying 5.1 speakers and checking their user guides if there still is a button for enabling all the speakers / "enhanced audio" like there was in the previous model.

Rudlin

Unfortunately nothing helped for me here either, sound quality is awful,
on top of that speaking on vent reproduces horrible sound which most likely a hardware fault with my laptop. Tried every possible vent codec and didn't help at all.

jacobpov

Unfortunately nothing helped for me here either, sound quality is awful,
on top of that speaking on vent reproduces horrible sound which most likely a hardware fault with my laptop. Tried every possible vent codec and didn't help at all.

yes very strange problem I have no idea how a super cheap and old laptop can beat the sound card of a newer laptop with every single spec better than my older one well except the sound card of course that's why I opened this thread :wacko:

something is defiantly wrong with the sound card.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
The sound card/chip itself is pretty high specced in terms of integrated sound cards (it's pretty much Realtek's top of the line and can be licenced to do a lot of fancy stuff but unfortunately clevo has not done this), and should produce high quality sound when plugged to an external amp. The problem is with the quality of DAC and headphone amplification and can be heard as headphones lacking bass.

I don't know about the vent issue cuz I don't use it myself. Skype seems to work just fine with the lappys internal microfone.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I've had my Vortex 2 for a few months now and i think that the only reason the Sub is there is to take away the bass distortion from the main speakers. I personally think the sound from the Vortex is good, its crystal clear even at loud volumes and that is because of the small sub at the bottom, this is fine for television programs and some movies. Where this doesn't help is gaming and movies where you want the explosions and action sounds i have a seperate set of speakers for that but it is an incovenience to have to plug in extra equipment.

Its a gaming laptop it just doesnt have gaming speakers and i think because PCS advertise the laptop as having these amazing speakers we excpect better sound that it promisis. Its the only part of my laptop that dissapointed me.