Recoil II 17.3 VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and reinstalling nvidia drivers

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What I meant is we all have one game which is causing the crash but that game is different for each of us, OP mentioned skyrim I think, G0975 mentioned WoW and I mentioned Sekiro. Shows its not an isolated issue to one game and this software issue is occuring across the board. Just got to hope for a speedy fix on one of the partys fronts (Nvidia/PCS).

In which case I'd put money on the driver. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Namu

It's interesting others get the same issue, that tends to suggest it really is the nVidia drivers at the root.

Sorry I did not post here because, since I identified the circumstances the crash happens in, I've been happily using my new laptop as intended with no further trouble. All I have to do is to always Shut Down instead of hibernate / close the lid. It boots back up almost as fast as it would wake up anyway.

harryhatton105, G0975, did you give this a try ?

G0975

Excuse the delayed reply, I have been very busy as of late.

I can't say that I've tried that but I usually shut down my laptop as I often travel with it in it's bag going to my office etc. I'm still suffering with the exact same error code once in a blue moon whilst running WoW, I've played Sekiro as Harryhatton105 mentioned and have also experienced said crash twice throughout a play-through.

It's a minor annoyance at the moment as it seems to choose it's moments and if it ever does happen it's within the first few minutes of launching said games otherwise it doesn't happen... I'm certain it's a driver issue as PCs have confirmed with me themselves that our chassis was still in the works of being properly registered by Nvidia, that was early March and I've had no news since. I can still only use verified drivers supplied by PCs themselves.

Here's hoping we get full Nvidia driver support soon.

G0975

Apologies about my last message, I have just tried and successfully installed the latest Nvidia drivers from Nvidia themselves and finally have access to the Nvidia Control Panel etc which I have never been able to use before so I will keep updated as to whether the video issue has finally been resolved!

Hi everyone,

I've had access to the control panel for a while and must say that with every driver update these crashes are occurring less and less but this machine does go through a number of bluescreens all revolving around kernel errors so it's defo something that hasn't been fully fixed yet.

I've just kind of accepted them every now and again!

G0975

Hi all, following on from my last post, all of the crashes have completely gone and I am now running official Nvidia software. Hurrah!