Recoil II 17.3"

youngy84

Hi all,

I yesterday ordered two Recoil 17.3" Laptops, one with a RTX2070 (for me) and one with a RTX2060 (My dad) I did paid for the 3 day dispatch however they have both been sent by DPD this morning, absolutely sublime service from PCS. I have had emails providing updates and text messages letting me know what stage the build is it.

When they arrive I will post pics, benchmarks and temps and try to be as detailed as I can and answer questions! But to anyone that had doubts about PCS service, on this evidence I would recommend them to anyone!

Im excited!!!

knam5

Hi guys, glad you got them too. They're amazing machines. Reading from people here who have got the same laptop including me, seems a few batches have performance issue unless you sleep them. Please benchmark using 3DMark or Unigine Superposition and give us your scores.

On average, for ones which have performance problems, we've been getting around 15/20% performance loss. The score in 3DMark Time Spy is around 6000.

The optimum performance is around 7000-7500. So some people got good batches, some of us doesn't and are waiting for a fix. Th temporary fix is to put the computer to sleep, wake it up and benchmark again.

If you get low scores, I suggest you contact PCS right away.

Also, please post to us your BIOS versions.

Hopefully you have the good batches.

adabri

Received mine today and got 5784 from the time spy 3D mark bench test. I take it that isn't good then? Laptop is set for high performance. Can't remember what the bios version was but will check. Should I be tweaking anything else? I've also noticed a bit of light bleed coming from the bottom of the screen. Not sure if that's just normal for this chassis. I also can't install my own windows 10 home as pcs have put an unactivated windows 10 pro on and it won't let me activate my own even with a fresh install. Not particularly happy with it so might sent it back.