Recoil II RTX In Exploration

knam5

With mine, I took it to Microsoft and they sorted it out for me. I don't want to say what I said to them and what they did, so if you struggling to sort the activation maybe worth giving them a call. The only issue is that they have an annoying automated call service, if you can get through that and talk to an operator then you're good to go.

As for the Recoil II RTX issue, it's being looked at and they have confirmed that they're waiting for TongFang to release a new Gaming Centre app(maybe a BIOS update too) in order to manage the power performance of the RTX GPU's.

It's annoying, but at least PCS is on the ball with it. I gave them grief last week as they weren't replying to my questions, but to give the the benefit of the doubt I just waited and they did respond and apologise.

We'll all get a fix soon hopefully.

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
Sorry about the time it has taken to provide an update to you all, I've been working internally with our technical manager and TongFang directly.

It seems the issue hasn't been related to the gamingcentre as first thought, but much rather the firmware (BIOS) that has been in circulation. If we update the BIOS using the standard method of an EFI shell on a bootable USB it does not work. But if we simply run an executable within windows containing the BIOS it does work! it is an updated UEFI bios however.

Please contact [email protected] and i'd happily send through the fix.

Also, this is only applicable to the following chassis - GK7CP7S

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
I wouldn't advise updating the BIOS unless absolutely necessary, if your product is stable within the OS and you'd like to have the BIOS updated I also see no harm in this.

If you don't already have the newest gaming centre installed you can find version 2.0.2.0 here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuZ5jNgiWCGBhXUsGAmJGKLhJWsX