Recoil IV 15" Vs Vyper 17.3"

chrisg4u

Hi guys.
Currently pricing up a system and just wondering which is better out of the two. I know they're both relatively new so I don't know how much knowledge people will have. Price wise they are very similar with the Recoil IV coming out at slightly cheaper which is a surprise to me as I would assume the Vyper would be more. Both machines have the same specifications. The main deal comes down to the screen quality on them and cooling. Unless there is one chassis which is a lot better than the other.
This is the specifications of the Vyper. Note I have given both machines the same specs, the only difference is the refresh rate on the screens as the Recoil IV has a 240Hz screen:

Chassis & Display
Vyper Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H (2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo)

Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1

1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1500MB/sR | 1000MB/sW)

2nd M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)

Memory Card Reader
Integrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)

AC Adaptor
1 x 230W AC Adaptor

Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Battery
Vyper Series 91WH Lithium Ion Battery

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Sound Card
2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack

Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0

USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x THUNDERBOLT 3 PORT + 3 x USB 3.1 PORTS

Keyboard Language
VYPER 17 SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD

Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language

Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED

Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Browser
Google Chrome™

Notebook Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE

Webcam
INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery

STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time

Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sweet! I assume the vyper chassis would be better also due to it being a larger frame and be able to provide better airflow?
17" usually does offer a lot of benefit over 15" with regards to cooling, plus I believe it's an magnesium chassis which will further improve cooling.

The Last Vyper model was very successful with temps, I expect nothing less from this version.

chrisg4u

17" usually does offer a lot of benefit over 15" with regards to cooling, plus I believe it's an aluminium chassis which will further improve cooling.

The Last Vyper model was very successful with temps, I expect nothing less from this version.

Brilliant, that's exactly what I wanted to hear so I could make my decision! Sounds like I can't go wrong with choosing the vyper, coming from my Dell 7767 with a 1050ti this will be a hell of an upgrade

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Brilliant, that's exactly what I wanted to hear so I could make my decision! Sounds like I can't go wrong with choosing the vyper, coming from my Dell 7767 with a 1050ti this will be a hell of an upgrade
It's a beast of a chassis, no doubt.

The other massive benefit to it is that it has Thunderbolt 3, so when the nVidia GPU gets too old and can't handle games anymore, you can just get an eGPU and plug it in with any desktop GPU you like, and blammo, maxxing out the 144Hz again at full settings. Extends the gaming life of the laptop exponentially.