Recoil IV serious doubts

FerrariVie

Super Star
Yeah, I would try leaving windows to update all drivers and then install Nvidia drivers and Control Center (or gaming, whatever it's called :) ) myself (as @Martinr36 said). If you're still experiencing issues after that, then downloading chipset drivers from intel directly and give it a try.

Awesome, thanks dude. Do you think the CPU temps are ok by the way? I think the chip is rated to 100 degrees C. Just wondering if 92 when running msfs 2020 is nominal or should I be concerned ? Many thanks for the reply

FerrariVie

Super Star
Awesome, thanks dude. Do you think the CPU temps are ok by the way? I think the chip is rated to 100 degrees C. Just wondering if 92 when running msfs 2020 is nominal or should I be concerned ? Many thanks for the reply
Well, MFS is indeed a heavy game and it's kind of expected to make your laptop run hotter. While having the GPU below 80 and CPU below 95 is kind of ok, it's not something I would like to have (especially because I'm a bit finicky with fan noise).

You could try 3 things to drop the temps:
  1. Not sure how many FPS are you getting right now, but putting a cap on the max FPS at acceptable levels usually brings temps down, as it makes your components not run at high usage % all the time. For example, if you're getting peaks of 90FPS, then limiting at a max 60FPS will probably help to bring noise and temperatures down, and mainly with MFS you probably won't even notice the difference. That would not be recommended for competitive e-sports titles, as higher FPS gives you an advantage, but FPS cap with MFS is totally acceptable. However, if you're already on the 50-60FPS marks, limiting to less than that will likely hurt your gaming experience;
  2. You could try repasting your laptop with a high-quality thermal paste, like ThermalGrizzly Kryonaut or Noctua NT-H2. This is the best solution and won't have any impact on FPS (it might even help to bring them up), but some people are afraid of opening the laptop back and doing it;
  3. The third option would be to undervolt the GPU and CPU. Since you have a 10th-gen intel, UV'ing the CPU will bring you minimal results, but doing that on the GPU will help to bring both CPU and GPU temps down (as the heatpipes are shared). You're expected to lose a bit of FPS after doing this, but it's not huge and you will see the temps drop a lot. In my case, I lost about 5-10FPS and around 10° on both CPU and GPU. Your results may vary, but it's worth giving it a try.
Let us know in cause you need further help with any of those.

barlew

Godlike
Personally i would want to have those temperatures lower. I would definitely be repasting that CPU if it was me.