Recoil V17 Resizable Bar?

jimisagan

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the Recoil V 17 allows resizable bar to be enabled in the bios? I've recently unlocked the resizable bar functionality on my desktop production PC and it has done wonders for performance in my live video production software, and was hoping it's something I could emulate in this Laptop? I know it's based on the Clevo X170KM-G, but from what information I can gain, the bios doesn't allow many options. And if it's not possible to enable it now, are Clevo any good at rolling out bios updates? Is it likely a bios update may be around the corner?

Any insights are appreciated!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi there,

Does anyone know if the Recoil V 17 allows resizable bar to be enabled in the bios? I've recently unlocked the resizable bar functionality on my desktop production PC and it has done wonders for performance in my live video production software, and was hoping it's something I could emulate in this Laptop? I know it's based on the Clevo X170KM-G, but from what information I can gain, the bios doesn't allow many options. And if it's not possible to enable it now, are Clevo any good at rolling out bios updates? Is it likely a bios update may be around the corner?

Any insights are appreciated!
This is something you’d need to ask PCS directly, we could only speculate.

jimisagan

Thanks for the response, I contacted PCS directly and got this reply

'Unfortunately, this isn't available on our laptops. It may be something that comes in the future but I couldn't say. I do not think this is planned in the near future for us, so may be a while'

A shame but there you go, I've also contacted Clevo directly to see if it's something that may be implemented soon. so I'll update if I receive any info.

jimisagan

Update:

I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Recoil V17 with the mobile 3080 and i9 11900. Upon receiving the computer and despite PCS telling me that resizable bar is not available, after updating the graphics driver it appears to be fully enabled. Happy days!

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
If your using the Latest Nvidia driver (466.27) Resizable BAR is enabled, if you use any below that driver version its disabled.