Recommend new mouse & GPU question

sted

Rising Star
The Razer Deathadder mouse that I chose when I got my PC has definitely seen better days, the scroll wheel has taken a hit from daily use, for one.
Hoping to replace it now, I'm looking at spending not too much more than £40 if anyone could help recommend.
The only 'needs' that come to mind would be the shape of the mouse not being too strange/tough to get used to. And also, though not entirely necessary but preferable, to have buttons similar to the Razer--namely the back/forward side buttons which are useful on the browser.

As for GPU, I'm looking at upgrading from 670 to 970 at some point. From what I've read it appears to be worth it for the raise in performance, but looking for some opinions here if possible.

Thanks

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah the 970 will be a significant performance jump for less power consumption, so if you are looking to shell out some cash on an upgrade it wouldn't be a bad idea to go with a 970.

as for the mouse, i'll pass.

James.C

If you're looking for something similar to the Deathadder then I'd recommend the Asus ROG Gladius. Almost identical in terms of shape and button placement and personally I think that the grip on it is far superior than on the Deathadder. It does retail at £65 which is a fair bit over the £40 you're looking at but I think it's a great investment

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
For a cheap mouse that's good, I'd recommend the Roccat Lua, It's around £20 and is really good, nothing fancy, just left click, right click, scroll wheel and dpi button. Has decent dpi settings as well.

LFFPicard

Godlike
I have a deathadder left handed, it still fine but when it sees better days I will just get another one as it is great and perfect for my needs.

Also I just purchased a Asus GeForce GTX 970 DirectCU II OC Strix 4096MB GDDR5 - Has great reviews and even though about £15-20 more than other models it is a very sturdy build and above average on the board. Apparently it is not the best to overclock but I wont be doing that but people have mentioned they can get about 5-10% OC from it. Anyway it arrives Monday so can let you know :)

ricbai

Bronze Level Poster
For a mouse, I've been quite happy with a Logitech M500 Corded Laser Mouse (£27 on Amazon) - it's quite a basic/simple mouse - 1000dpi, scroll wheel, two thumb back/forward side buttons, and a scroll-speed button and that's about it (and, most importantly for me, cabled - I did have the wireless/bluetooth model originally [loaned from my wife], but batteries....)

sted

Rising Star
Thanks everyone. Shall take a look at each.

LFFPicard said:
Anyway it arrives Monday so can let you know

Thanks, would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Androcles

Rising Star
For a mouse, I've been quite happy with a Logitech M500 Corded Laser Mouse (£27 on Amazon) - it's quite a basic/simple mouse - 1000dpi, scroll wheel, two thumb back/forward side buttons, and a scroll-speed button and that's about it (and, most importantly for me, cabled - I did have the wireless/bluetooth model originally [loaned from my wife], but batteries....)

Have to agree with this on, I have the Logitech M518 and it's been the best mouse I've ever had, it feels just right in the hand, it's smooth moving and very responsive and the software that comes with it to configure buttons etc is very simple and easy to use.

maxbor

Bronze Level Poster
I bought this from amazon last week and have been insanely impressed for the price: Redragon® Centrophorus 2000 DPI Gaming Mouse, 6 Buttons, 8 built-in weights, 3 Speed Gear. Really comfy to use and I like the ability to switch speed (DPI) on the fly. By no means the poshest gaming mouse but surprisingly high quality for around £12!

LFFPicard

Godlike
Thanks everyone. Shall take a look at each.

Thanks, would be much appreciated!

Put simply... IT ROCKS

http://gyazo.com/1dd7bb4986c9770d77635f06f14c1e43 <--- My Benchmark, scores better than a Titan build. My 580 was like a jet engine playing Star Wars on Ultra, this 970 is silent and I have been running Tor for over 3hours. Apparently it is fanless based but has 2 fans so when the card reaches a certain temp (65o I think) the fans kick in to cool off the sinks. Not heard it at all since I put it in.

sted

Rising Star
Put simply... IT ROCKS

http://gyazo.com/1dd7bb4986c9770d77635f06f14c1e43 <--- My Benchmark, scores better than a Titan build. My 580 was like a jet engine playing Star Wars on Ultra, this 970 is silent and I have been running Tor for over 3hours. Apparently it is fanless based but has 2 fans so when the card reaches a certain temp (65o I think) the fans kick in to cool off the sinks. Not heard it at all since I put it in.

Seems like a solid choice, then. Thank you!