Recommend some games

KippleKat

Enthusiast
As my PC is now in building I'm starting to look at what games to purchase.

I've been a console gamer now since 2008 so I'm out of touch with the latest PC games.

At the moment I have my eye on Cyberpunk and Crysis Remastered, I'll also be picking up a new copy of Elder Scrolls Online and starting my character from scratch after years of playing on PS4 (No cross system character sharing)....:cry: I'm also likely to pick up a copy of Half Life Alyx.

Generally I'm a big RPG fan, though I used to play a lot of FPS back in the day, mainly Crysis, Halo, Gears, COD etc

Any recommendations for cool new games, or up-coming games that are worth checking out?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Divinity Original Sin if you like RPG's it's a must play.

All the Half Life games are very dated but well respected for a reason, worth a rattle and often go on sale for pennys.

As a guy who tends to wait until deluxe editions of games release I've no idea what the new hotness is other than Cyberpunk. But I'd strongly recommend Doom 2016 & Eternal.

And if you want to waste you life away on the beautiful grind Warframe is a great Free game that is super confusing and overwhelming to start playing and absolutely soul snatching once you get the hang of it and find your feet. Had to uninstall it for sanity but it's great

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Thanks for the recommendations. I've not heard for Divinity Original Sin before, I'll check it out. The Half Life series are fantastic, but as you say they're pretty dated. That's why I'm interested in seeing what Alyx is like as I can pinch the other half's Oculus Rift to try it. 😅

I didn't even realise there were still new Doom games, I'll definitely take a look at that and the other recommendations.

I'm waiting on the latest Guild Wars expansion coming out this year too, which is another fun game if you have hours to grind and waste, but what else is there now in lockdown 3.0? 😂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would suggest a few series some of which have been remastered:

Dead Space Trilogy

Crysis

Halo: The Masterchief Collection

Deus Ex

Metro

Resident Evil Remakes (from 2016 onwards)

Borderlands Series

Batman Series

Bioshock remasters

Mass Effect (although word is they're remastering them all possibly next year, may be worth holding off)

Max Payne Trilogy

Doom 2016 and Eternal

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Hitman Trilogy

F.E.A.R Trilogy

Half Life Trilogy and Black Mesa

Those are my utmost favourite series, some of them are extremely old now, like the original FEAR and Max Payne and Half Life, BUT they are still phenomenal games well worth playing.

Last edited:

KippleKat

Enthusiast
I would suggest a few series some of which have been remastered:

Dead Space Trilogy

Crysis

Halo: The Masterchief Collection

Deus Ex

Metro

Resident Evil Remakes (from 2016 onwards)

Borderlands Series

Batman Series

Bioshock remasters

Mass Effect (although word is they're remastering them all possibly next year, may be worth holding off)

Max Payne Trilogy

Doom 2016 and Eternal

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Hitman Trilogy

F.E.A.R Trilogy

Half Life Trilogy and Black Mesa

Those are my utmost favourite series, some of them are extremely old now, like the original FEAR and Max Payne and Half Life, BUT they are still phenomenal games well worth playing.
All great games, I think I've played nearly all of the originals series and I'm definitely up for checking out the re-mastered versions. The FEAR series scared the hell out of me back in the day when I first played them. Which reminds me to check out the new horror game The Medium coming out soon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All great games, I think I've played nearly all of the originals series and I'm definitely up for checking out the re-mastered versions. The FEAR series scared the hell out of me back in the day when I first played them. Which reminds me to check out the new horror game The Medium coming out soon.
The first FEAR game was what got me into horror games, still one of the best horrors I’ve ever played. The sound in it... OMG, brown trousers!!!

KippleKat

Enthusiast
The first FEAR game was what got me into horror games, still one of the best horrors I’ve ever played. The sound in it... OMG, brown trousers!!!
Did you ever play Outlast? I jumped so much I threw my game controller across the room a few times 😂

Not to mention the Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, playing in the dark and having the creepy ass Baker family jump out on me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did you ever play Outlast? I jumped so much I threw my game controller across the room a few times 😂

Not to mention the Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, playing in the dark and having the creepy ass Baker family jump out on me.
I'm half way through the first one, and just bought the second as it was on offer over christmas. Love them! Really great games!

Res Evil 8: The Village out soon also, that looks pretty great!

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
I really enjoyed sniper elite 4 for sneaking about creatively killing nazis, and will second Forza 4 for gorgeous racing around the north of England.
I'm also having a lot of fun in Cyberpunk 2077. In spite of the rage it has generated in some quarters, i've put 50hrs in without a hitch, the only glitches have been very minor visual ones.

KippleKat

Enthusiast
I really enjoyed sniper elite 4 for sneaking about creatively killing nazis, and will second Forza 4 for gorgeous racing around the north of England.
I'm also having a lot of fun in Cyberpunk 2077. In spite of the rage it has generated in some quarters, i've put 50hrs in without a hitch, the only glitches have been very minor visual ones.
I've heard the Cyberpunk glitches are much worse for old gen consoles, so I'm glad it doesn't sound too glitchy on PC.

Snipering sounds like fun, especially if it's killing nazis :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
Mining games?
1611764322536.png