Recommendations for Android launcher

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Since Nova Launcher has gone drastically downhill with the launch of Nova 7, has anyone got any recommendations for a good customisable Android launcher

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s not my specialty but I’ve had a look… and can’t find any good android launchers for you. I just don’t know enough about them. But I did find a cracking gif of a human being launched that I think is worth sharing, regardless.

801B3962-EFDF-456F-90CA-16822811F9BF.gif

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I used to use the Evie launcher, which I loved mainly because it had a gesture that switched the screen off - it saved pressing the button! But I did a factory reset a few days ago and the Evie launcher has vanished from the Google Play Store.

https://evie.com/

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
No idea what it's like by the way. I've not tried it in any way. Just a different angle :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No idea what it's like by the way. I've not tried it in any way. Just a different angle
Just downloaded it, had a quick look, think I need to take screenshots of my existing layouts to see if i can replicate, as i have 14 screens/pages and 5 docks with 6+1 icons on each dock, some of which are folders.........................

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok so straight off the bad, it's a LOT more optimised on CPU usage.

May well be a bug in an early Fold 3 version of the launcher, but specifically when it's folded closed and just using it for YouTube or something, the CPU can heat to the point it Thermal throttles and the rear face becomes quite warm to the touch in the upper half.

That's completely gone with the Microsoft launcher, the back doesn't heat up at all.

The interface itself is very low key which personally I like. Smaller app icons so you can fit a lot more in the Dock which again is a big bonus.

And you can have bing wallpapers which change everyday which is pointless but nice, they do some amazing photos so I'm looking forward to that

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another thing of note, I had all windows animator and transition scales set to 0.5 in developer options, but that actually seems to delay transitions on the Microsoft launcher. Setting those back to 1.0 improved things.

It has a pull up Dock as well that reveals another bar of most used apps which is a really useful touch. The app drawer as well is just better laid out.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
yeah, I've started playing with it all 3 rows of the dock are full some with folders, gradually finding my way around it, backing up as i go, think i've got enough on it to set it as default for now to give a good try and download to other phone that i use for my drone, and see if i can import the backup to that ok